The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horses for Sale (http://www.horseforum.com/horses-sale/)
-   -   Bay Mare Wanted - United States (http://www.horseforum.com/horses-sale/bay-mare-wanted-united-states-104236/)

katekate 11-23-2011 05:26 PM

Bay Mare Wanted - United States

I am searching for a bay mare with a cap-o brand on her hip. She has a scar on one front knee, and saddle marks on her withers. She also has a very faint star. She is an ex-racehorse that was being used on a feedlot when I rode her. She went by Bugsy when I knew her. I rode her in Oklahoma, but she could be anywhere now. I rode her from 2005-2007, and I believe she was sold in 2008.

Please help spread the word, and please keep an eye out for her.

Bugsy

Casey02 12-01-2011 10:30 PM

Other shots of her would be nice

caseymyhorserocks 12-03-2011 01:08 AM

More shots here on her facebook
Facebook

Duren 12-03-2011 01:12 AM

Why are you looking for her? Just curious...

katekate 07-08-2012 09:23 PM

Bugsy

3 Attachment(s)
I'm looking for her because she's my "once-in-a-lifetime" horse.. every horse I ride now, I think of how much I miss her, how each horse isn't her... I've almost quit riding because of it. It'd mean a lot if I could find her, or find out if she's dead, even.

I've attached three pictures of her. If everyone could share these photos on the sites they frequent, or facebook even, I'd appreciate it.. I'd give almost anything to find her.

DancingArabian 07-08-2012 09:26 PM

The more info you can provide the better. Who last owned her? What was the name of the farm she was at? What city? Names of people involved? Is she registered or tatoooed?
Posted via Mobile Device

katekate 07-08-2012 09:41 PM

Bugsy

She was owned by Hitch Feedyard when I rode her, and they sold her to Hitch Ranch. After that, I don't know who owned her. She ran on the track at one point, and has an upper lip tattoo. She was in Guymon, Oklahoma. I don't have any names of people who might be listed on her papers. My boss told me that she was a daughter of Bugs Alive in 75, but I'm not sure that is true. She could be related to any Bugs horse.

She had been used for team roping at one point, but she liked it so much and got so excited that they couldn't hold her in the box. She is a truly amazing cowhorse with a huge amount of heart. Every morning, she'd be waiting at the gate for me, ready to go work. If it wasn't her day, I'd have to latch the gate behind me when I went to catch a different horse, or I'd come back to her standing in the saddling stall waiting to be saddled. I could work cattle off of her holding the last inch of eight foot split reins, I was the only one though. She loves to run, and would run off with others unless they held her back. She's got a really nice fast walk, though that's something else that others couldn't get her to do. I only worked her to a standstill once.. sorting a pen mix of about 1600 head, I had one end, and the other end had two people switching off when their horses got too tired. After about five hours of active sorting, she stopped and stood for about ten minutes, then she was ready to go again.

She is terrified of cattle prods. That's the only fear I ever found in her. She snorts and walks sideways if she even sees one, and you definitely can't use on from her back. She'll stand "tied" with a rein looped over the fence all day.

The last time I saw her, she wasn't 100% sound in her front leg. She was kicked by another horse one day in the trailer, and it peeled all the hide off the front of her knee, fairly deep. She rode just fine in performance suspension boots though.

Oh, she knows exactly when it's lunch time, and exactly when it's quitting time. Every day at 1158, she would start turning back to the barn every chance she got. Same thing at 615 PM.

That's all I can think of.. Any other questions about her?

Jewelsb 07-08-2012 09:46 PM

How tall, what breed (qh?) any white besides star? Do you know her tattoo number or approximate age?

katekate 07-08-2012 09:54 PM

Bugsy

1 Attachment(s)
She's a registered Quarter Horse, but there's no guarantee that her papers are still with her. She's got the small white star, and saddle marks on her withers. No white on her legs. I'm not sure of her height. Her tattoo was illegible when I looked at it. She wasn't young when I started riding her, and that was seven years ago.. I'd say she's at least 20 now, but I don't know for sure. I've attached a picture of me with her, and I am 5'6, so yo ucan see approximately how tall she is.

Jewelsb 07-08-2012 10:15 PM

I'd say under 15h but above 14h
Posted via Mobile Device