The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Tack and Equipment (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-tack-equipment/)
-   -   Horse boots for jumping? (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-tack-equipment/horse-boots-jumping-104261/)

msbuffalorider 11-23-2011 10:40 PM

Horse boots for jumping?

Which of these boots would you choose for your horse? I really need fetlock protection and want to support it as much as possible. I am a jumper, and am getting boots for Christmas and need to decide what kind I want.. the open front boots dont seem like they would be as affective.. and I need to keep it affordable, too. also any suggestions?

Molded Galloping Boot - Quality Tack at Outlet Prices - VTO Saddlery
Roma Neoprene Sport Boot - Quality Tack at Outlet Prices - VTO Saddlery
Classic Equine Waxed Leather Open Front Jumping Boot - Quality Tack at Outlet Prices - VTO Saddlery
Legacy System Boots - Front - Front Boots from SmartPak Equine

msbuffalorider 11-23-2011 10:50 PM

Roma Open Front Jumping Boots - Quality Tack at Outlet Prices - VTO Saddlery

msbuffalorider 11-23-2011 11:00 PM

Classic Equine EZ Wrap II Splint Boots - Horse.com
Tough-1 Vented Sport Boots Front - Horse.com
Classic Equine Legacy Front Boot - Horse.com

DejaVu 11-24-2011 08:48 PM

Open fronts are most commonly used for jumpers. If you show, check with your organization for whats acceptable.

I own several different pairs, and for flatting I tend to use my Legacy's on the fronts, and some no-name brand splints on the hinds. Jumping, I'll use splints or open fronts.

I know my Legacy boots are really nice. I trust most things from Classic Equine. I've heard that Roma's are pretty good. I'm not familiar with the other brands boots..
Posted via Mobile Device

VT Trail Trotters 11-25-2011 05:10 PM

At the hunter pace a lot of riders hat those plastic bell boots on the front hooves.