The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Conformation Critique (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-conformation-critique/)
-   -   critique my horse please (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-conformation-critique/critique-my-horse-please-104413/)

ringosmomma 11-25-2011 10:31 PM

critique my horse please

5 Attachment(s)
Hi im wanting critiques on my horses conformation and also like to know what you think he would sell for (i dont want to sell him im just curious what people think).
info on him:
Hes 15.2 hh, 12 year old Qh/morgan gelding. He rides well at w/t/c he lopes slow and pretty i always get compliments. I use him for pleasure and trail, we do alot of arena work. He can be stubborn at times so he wouldnt b good for child or begginer right now cause he needs to know your serious about what you ask him. He will go out alone or with a group leading or following. HE rides western or english and he will go bareback.
And i have some pics for you to critique. So let me know what you think and what you think hed be worth. And if you have questions let me know.Attachment 80063

Attachment 80064

Attachment 80065

Attachment 80066

Attachment 80067

waresbear 11-25-2011 10:37 PM

Average horse, no major faults that I can see, sounds like he's trained for trails. In my area, he would sell for @ $2000 if he passed a vet check for soundness.

Duren 11-25-2011 10:49 PM

I'm not great at critique, but it looks like his right rear leg turns out quite a bit. Maybe the way he's standing? It appears that way in all of the pictures though. But I wouldnt call it cow hocked as it looks like the left rear is straight.

IquitosARG10 11-25-2011 11:02 PM

I don't like to critique but might I say he is HANDSOME! :) A organ/QH would be awesome!

smrobs 11-25-2011 11:08 PM

Hmm, like ware said, he's a pretty average grade horse. His back is a bit longer than I like to see and there is something wonky with his tailset that gives his rump a strange appearance. Slightly cowhocked and appears a bit light boned. Given his training level and the fact that he's not beginner/kid friendly, he might get to $800 here....maybe.

waresbear 11-25-2011 11:13 PM

Sorry, I should clarify where I am, BC Canada. The BC stands for bring cash, only $800 horses here are untrained or meat. Any sound decent looking riding horses, like the one you have, is about $2000. I have been looking at showring quality trained horses from all of NA, those prices are same between here & in the US.

ringosmomma 11-25-2011 11:14 PM

The picture fromyhe back isn't the best he wasn't standing square which is why I think it looks weird cause he was relaxed. I was in a hurry so some of them arnt great. I should specify about the kid beginer thing I would leadline him with any kid and let any beginer on him in an arena or roundpen just not out on the trails cause he does occasionaly want to get his way and a kid or beginer wouldn't know what to do but never buck rear or anything.
Posted via Mobile Device

ringosmomma 11-25-2011 11:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IquitosARG10 (Post 1244485)
I don't like to critique but might I say he is HANDSOME! :) A organ/QH would be awesome!

Thankyou :-) I'd have to agree but I'm biased :-P
Posted via Mobile Device