The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Talk (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/)
-   -   A career with horses (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/career-horses-104480/)

JordyAdele 11-26-2011 09:30 PM

A career with horses

Next fall I will be going to college and working towards an A.A.S. degree in horse science technology. Has anyone gone to college for an equine related career? Is anyone currently in college for an equine related career? What was your degree and what type of career did you choose?

andimax 11-26-2011 11:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JordyAdele (Post 1245197)
Next fall I will be going to college and working towards an A.A.S. degree in horse science technology. Has anyone gone to college for an equine related career? Is anyone currently in college for an equine related career? What was your degree and what type of career did you choose?

I'm in school for equine management :)
Posted via Mobile Device

JordyAdele 11-27-2011 12:12 AM

andimax, what school are you going to and what career do you wish to pursue? After my first year of school, I have an option of emphasizing in training or management. I'm not sure which one I will choose!

andimax 11-27-2011 08:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JordyAdele (Post 1245345)
andimax, what school are you going to and what career do you wish to pursue? After my first year of school, I have an option of emphasizing in training or management. I'm not sure which one I will choose!

I'm at front range community college in co. I'm leaning more towards training and being a consultant helping people look for horses. I'm sure either one will be great for you! Just depends on what your more into
Posted via Mobile Device

JordyAdele 11-27-2011 12:18 PM

That's cool, andimax! Is yours a two year degree then? Mine will be. Does the college have their own facilities? An indoor arena and stable? Are you doing alot of hands-on work with the horses? I'm 21 years old and I'm finally pursuing my dream and going to college. I am so excited to get started!

andimax 11-27-2011 04:30 PM

Yes mam it sure is a 2 year program! and it does not have its own facilities here. but there are labs throughout all of denver and thats where i get my hands on. I love it! thats awesome that you are finally pursuing your dream! im just like you. I started my classes in June I just turned 22. looking to buy a horse in the spring so I'm tryin to get all the education i can.

csimkunas6 11-27-2011 06:06 PM

I went to school, graduated with honors with my Equine Science Master.....the first job I got out when I graduated was a barn manager.....sadly the barn went out of business due to local competitors, and thus am now in the restaurant business....Good Luck!