The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Boarding (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-boarding/)
-   -   boarding in IL (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-boarding/boarding-il-104482/)

mmsmcmillen 11-26-2011 09:33 PM

boarding in IL

I need to find a place to board my horse. I live in Joliet, IL, but might be moving. Need to find a stable some where near Joliet will to go 50 mile radius.

Equestrienne92 11-26-2011 11:07 PM

Take a look at horsetradin.com or even on craigslist if you haven't already. It's a start.
Posted via Mobile Device

IquitosARG10 11-27-2011 11:38 PM

Gladstone Ridge in Wheaton or Harmony Hills, not sure what city but it's in the suburbs. I live in Illinois too...what discipline and what rate are you looking for?

mmsmcmillen 11-27-2011 11:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IquitosARG10 (Post 1246351)
Gladstone Ridge in Wheaton or Harmony Hills, not sure what city but it's in the suburbs. I live in Illinois too...what discipline and what rate are you looking for?

Trail riding and about 200 maybe 300 a month.

mls 11-28-2011 10:02 AM

Good resource:

Horsemen's Council of Illinois Gateway Page

IquitosARG10 11-28-2011 10:52 AM

Hmmm...it's pretty hard to find stuff for that price around here, I live a little bit more north and the cheapest I could find was $425. There is a place called Galusha Farms that is right by the forest preserve, but I have not heard good things about it :/

milk 12-13-2011 12:15 AM

A Ranch 347 (or something like that) is in Lancing IL. its pretty dope, check it out on facebook

mmsmcmillen 12-13-2011 12:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milk (Post 1264152)
A Ranch 347 (or something like that) is in Lancing IL. its pretty dope, check it out on facebook

It is A Ranch 394 and I looked it up. They have pony rides, horse rides, and rental horses, but there wasn't anything about boarding. Thank you though.

Creampuff 12-13-2011 11:39 PM

I'm not sure how far from you...

My cousin boards out of Collison, IL. For $185/mo, full board. Will have to find his number again if you want it. He is stationed across from Middlefork's equestrian trails (Circle L Stables).

I also work in a boarding stable in Danville, IL. There are 10 or so very nice, horse-safe stalls. Hay provided; great grass hay. Indoor riding arena & daily turn-out. Stalls mucked daily, horses fed 2x daily. Also not far from Middlefork; nearer to Kenekuk & Kickapoo.

With your own grain, $250/mo. $300/mo if the barn provides grain. Also includes anytime use of the riding arena.

Can get either number easily if you're interested. I have the number for "my" stable (not my cousin's) on-hand.

mmsmcmillen 12-13-2011 11:48 PM

I would love to talk to your cousin. We could afford 185.00. Thank you so very much.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Creampuff (Post 1265400)
I'm not sure how far from you...

My cousin boards out of Collison, IL. For $185/mo, full board. Will have to find his number again if you want it. He is stationed across from Middlefork's equestrian trails (Circle L Stables).

I also work in a boarding stable in Danville, IL. There are 10 or so very nice, horse-safe stalls. Hay provided; great grass hay. Indoor riding arena & daily turn-out. Stalls mucked daily, horses fed 2x daily. Also not far from Middlefork; nearer to Kenekuk & Kickapoo.

With your own grain, $250/mo. $300/mo if the barn provides grain. Also includes anytime use of the riding arena.

Can get either number easily if you're interested. I have the number for "my" stable (not my cousin's) on-hand.