The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Talk (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/)
-   -   Do horses get along with alpacas? (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/do-horses-get-along-alpacas-104546/)

marleyhorse 11-27-2011 04:12 PM

Do horses get along with alpacas?

anyone seen this posting? do alpacas get along with horses?

100% Canadian BC Alpacas - An Investment You Can Hug! - Fraser Valley Pets For Sale - Kijiji Fraser Valley Canada.

Saddlebag 11-27-2011 08:11 PM

A friend had two in with her horses and it seemed to work out.

Wallaby 11-27-2011 08:27 PM

My horse lives with two llamas (different, but similar) and they get along fine. They aren't best buddies but they're enough to keep my horse happy living by herself.
The one slight issue is that my horse is dominant over them (and she's completely not dominant to other horses, ever) so making sure they get food can be an issue at times. I just make sure they have food in more places than there are animals which seems to work well for everyone.

marleyhorse 11-28-2011 01:44 AM

yes they can...

I found lots of neat facts here...

Alpaca Canada: The official voice of the Alpaca industry in Canada

Kayty 11-28-2011 08:23 AM

I've got two alpacas living in with my horses. They get on fine, sure the horses freaked out when they first saw the alpacas, but they're all mates now. They tend to just keep to themselves and don't bother each other.

DuffyDuck 11-28-2011 08:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kayty (Post 1246543)
I've got two alpacas living in with my horses. They get on fine, sure the horses freaked out when they first saw the alpacas, but they're all mates now. They tend to just keep to themselves and don't bother each other.

Hahahaha I can just imagine Billy... nose, hoof poke, MOUTH!

Poooorrrrr alpacas!