The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Riding Critique (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-riding-critique/)
-   -   Shamrock's Progress (Critique Horse & Rider) (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-riding-critique/shamrocks-progress-critique-horse-rider-105230/)

sarahkgamble 12-04-2011 03:46 PM

Shamrock's Progress (Critique Horse & Rider)

Watch the videos and please critique RIDER AND HORSE honestly.
Any and all constructive criticism is welcome. :)
The first video is one I've posted for critique before,
the second is new and was filmed on Saturday.
Please let me know if you see any improvement/progress.

Before:

After:

tinyliny 12-04-2011 03:55 PM

Well, the videos are really hard to watch with the sun blurring things out and such, but I am sure you did the best you could.

I see a balanced rider. Solid leg, nice upright body (sometimes looks a bit TOO far to inside) and sometimes elbows roll outward, but mostly rides real well.

Horse , improved? I guess he seemed a bit more forward and balanced. He is still bending to the outside frequently, but I don'tknow the history of this horse and it may be that you are bringing him along slowly. But he does need a bit more guidance to begin bending a bit to the inside.

Not much help here, sorry.

sarahkgamble 12-04-2011 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tinyliny (Post 1253972)
Well, the videos are really hard to watch with the sun blurring things out and such, but I am sure you did the best you could.

I see a balanced rider. Solid leg, nice upright body (sometimes looks a bit TOO far to inside) and sometimes elbows roll outward, but mostly rides real well.

Horse , improved? I guess he seemed a bit more forward and balanced. He is still bending to the outside frequently, but I don'tknow the history of this horse and it may be that you are bringing him along slowly. But he does need a bit more guidance to begin bending a bit to the inside.

Not much help here, sorry.

Thanks, ANY help is appreciative. :)

About him bending to the outside, yes, it's a work in progress. He's doing A LOT better than he used to. I think majority of the time in this video when he was bent outwards was when my boyfriend (who was filming) was standing to the outside of him and caught his attention, and there were kids playing on hay bales too. Lots of distractors. :P But yeah, we're working on him bending to the inside more.

sarahkgamble 12-06-2011 09:32 AM

Anyone else?