The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Grooming (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-grooming/)
-   -   It's actually a funny story... (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-grooming/its-actually-funny-story-105257/)

myhorsehasmentalissues 12-04-2011 09:01 PM

It's actually a funny story...

1 Attachment(s)
So I was at this schooling show on my horse that had lost most of his tail, I did the only thing that seemed fair to him. I put on a fake tail. So then, as I pass the judge on the way into the arena, he swishes his tail. Said tail got caught on fence. Horse kept moving forward until... oops. How embarrasing! The tail fell off! Poor Rudie was just standing there all bald with a few strands of hair left. Poor thing. We got some looks from other people at the show. Some actually thought that he had lost he REAL tail just then... oh dear. Poor, poor Rudie. His new nickname is Eyesore Eeyore. Just thought I would share... this happen to anyone else? Or just me?

KaylaMarie96 12-04-2011 09:41 PM

I could totally see that happening to me! lol

loveyourgrits 12-06-2011 02:44 PM

Too cute! Poor fella...atleast you tried!!

myhorsehasmentalissues 12-06-2011 07:33 PM

so much humiliation! The one time the show photographer was in the bathroom... the look on my horse's face. Oh the torture!!!!

Aki 12-10-2011 08:05 PM

Aww poor boy! I was in a halter show and my horse stepped on his tail >.< Yep...everyone was paying attention to the tail on the ground, not my pattern

waresbear 12-10-2011 09:14 PM

If it came off on the fence, the connection wasn't very good. My horse's tail extension will not pull off, the hairs will pull off first. Yes, I tried this theory out, I pulled on it, all my weight, & my horse was pulling in the other direction, wasn't coming off. But, oh yeah, I've seen lots of tail extensions in the dirt of the showpen.

caseymyhorserocks 12-17-2011 12:41 PM

Aww.. Poor boy!!! Funny story..

Golden Horse 12-17-2011 12:47 PM

:rofl: OOPS....