The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Tack Reviews (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-tack-reviews/)
-   -   Hoof boots? (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-tack-reviews/hoof-boots-105307/)

animalartcreations 12-05-2011 09:57 AM

Hoof boots?

Anybody here use hoof boots instead of shoes? I'm looking for reviews on the available boots out there. Which ones do you and your horse like best and why? Thanks!

goneriding 12-05-2011 10:47 AM

I use Easy boot epics on one of my horses. I like them a lot. There are different boots for different purposes.

kitten_Val 12-05-2011 12:26 PM

I used Epics (didn't like them much because of the wires), Bares, and Edge currently (improved version of Bares) by Easy Boots. I didn't like Old Macs and Cavallos at all.

If you decide on boots make sure the chosen brand will fit your horse's hoofs. :)

animalartcreations 12-07-2011 05:16 PM

Has anybody tried the new Easy boot Trail?

MyBoyPuck 12-07-2011 07:55 PM

Renegade hoof boots. Now that I've been turned on them, I won't use anything else. They are $$, but well worth every cent.

Mike Zimmerman 12-07-2011 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by animalartcreations (Post 1258046)
Has anybody tried the new Easy boot Trail?

I haven't used the trail but it's basically an improved old mac g2. I have used the old mac g2 they are nice, but I think the best is the glove boot as long as they're a good fit.
Posted via Mobile Device

kitten_Val 12-08-2011 08:20 AM

^^ I agree with the glove one. Unfortunately it should be a perfect fit or it may come off (which was not a case for my horse).

Rachel1786 12-09-2011 06:32 PM

I use the easy boot epics, they can be difficult to put on tho, takes some learning and patients from you and your horse the first few uses lol

kitten_Val 12-09-2011 09:26 PM

^^ Heck, I have to video tape how I do it. I used Bares and Edges and it take me no time to put them on. I'm always wondering why people complain about it.

JTImage 12-14-2011 04:41 PM

I recommend the Cavallo boots to anyone who is looking for hoof boots. I have tried almost all of the boots on the market and I find the Cavallos by far the easiest to put on and take off, the most secure, and the most comfortable for my horses. We ride through alot of mud and water and very rocky terrain and I have never had boot come off or rub my horse which is the biggest problem with other brands I have tried. There isn't anything I haven't done in these boots and I have at least one pair for all of my horses! If you are new to boots their customer service is extremely helpful so I would call or email them with your measurements and they can recommend the best boot for your horse.

www.cavallo-inc.com