The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Protection (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-protection/)
-   -   *WARNING* GRAPHIC* pasture to plate video (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-protection/%2Awarning%2A-graphic%2A-pasture-plate-video-105343/)

Royal Pine Buck 12-05-2011 03:25 PM

*WARNING* GRAPHIC* pasture to plate video

Horrible:cry::-x:evil:

BCtazzie 12-05-2011 03:38 PM

I'm going to get some popcorn...........4.....3......2......1..........

buckskinpinto 12-05-2011 03:38 PM

I fail to understand why this was necessary to post.

Speed Racer 12-05-2011 03:40 PM

Reported this thread. Just how many 'horszee slaughter is eeevvviiiilllll' threads do we need? :-x

Royal Pine Buck 12-05-2011 03:41 PM

if you wish to not watch...do not watch. keep it simple.

some people would like to know. I for one, like to be informed.

bubba13 12-05-2011 03:43 PM

Article and video don't match. Different years, different companies. Have anything more recent?

Royal Pine Buck 12-05-2011 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Speed Racer (Post 1255143)
Reported this thread. Just how many 'horszee slaughter is eeevvviiiilllll' threads do we need? :-x

who in this thread said horse slaughter is evil. I personally think we should go to the SOURCE of the problem with irresponsible breeders and owners.

keeping their colt a stallion because " he is sooooo cute! and sweet!" nevermind he is downhill and has the worst conformation for breeding , then letting them jump the fence, because they are too lazt to properly contain and separate them.:roll:

keeping a horse and starving it to death slowly in a backyard is just as cruel!

Courtney 12-05-2011 03:45 PM

To lighten the mood...

When asked about horse slaughter, a non-horsey friend of mine replied: "Have you SMELLED horses? If they smell that bad, imagine what they'd taste like? NO WAY."

She was not amused when I offered to let her lick Vanna to make absolutely certain that she did not enjoy the taste.

bsms 12-05-2011 03:49 PM

Have you ever had a dog killed at the vet's? I have - a number of times. What I saw on that video isn't any worse overall than what some of my dogs have done as I held them in my arms. Sometimes they go down easy. Sometimes they fight it. One of my dogs thrashed around for a minute, with me bawling like a baby.

I hate to break it to some folks, but death isn't pretty. If you don't die in your sleep, you will probably experience pain and fear. Most wild animals do. Lots of people do too. Only a society divorced from nature would freak over that video. IMHO.

Speed Racer 12-05-2011 03:49 PM

What does breeding irresponsibly have to do with that video? It's a tenuous connection at best. If you wanted to talk about irresponsible breeding, why post that video at all? It's not important to the conversation.

Besides, we've been down this sad, tired road a million times already. You can't MAKE people be responsible, and the majority of horses going to slaughter do not come from backyard fugly breeders.

Another thing, why is it that only HORSES go to slaughter? Why are chickens, cattle, swine, and other livestock processed, but only the pwetty, pwetty horsies are slaughtered?

I also agree with bsms. Death when it comes isn't pretty, regardless of the way it happens. I watched the video. I didn't cringe in horror, wring my hands, or cry, so whatever point you're trying to make was lost on me. I've already seen death up close and personal more than once, and a lot more bloody than anything in that video.