The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Breeding (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-breeding/)
-   -   Spice's Pregnancy/Foal Thread (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-breeding/spices-pregnancy-foal-thread-105484/)

Kansas Spice Girl 12-06-2011 10:38 PM

Spice's Pregnancy/Foal Thread

Hello everyone! I know this is super early to be starting this but I simply couldn't wait any longer! It has been a long 7 months and with only 4 more to go I had to share my excitement with SOMEONE! So my mare Spice is currently 7 months pregnant. She was exposed to our on site stallion during may but didn't take,and was bred again April 10th-17th and was confirmed in foal 60 days later via blood test by our vet! Spice is a 14.1 solid dun, with a small star, and no socks, but lots of dun factor. The sires name is spirit and if you have ever seen the child's movie "Spirit Stallion of the Cimmaron" you know what he looks like ( hence his name) he is 15.2 solid buckskin, absolutely no white except for a microscopic strip on the inside of his right hind foot right along his hoof. Both Spice and Spirit are solid paints and are currently in the long process of registration through APHA! I am going to work on getting pictures up of both of them for you all to see. Spice is absolutely ginourmas its adorable:) but I feel so bad for her already... let me tell you its going to be a big foal. Shes only 7 months and she is already fed up I the little one. I'm just going to look at this as a head start for guessing the color/sex/due date and such! Let the fun begin!!!

Kansas Spice Girl 12-06-2011 10:43 PM

Oooops! Haha she was bred in April... didn't take then was bred again May 10th-17th. I got it switched around in the last comment!!!

NdAppy 12-06-2011 10:45 PM

So neither sire nor dam are registered at this point in time?

Kansas Spice Girl 12-06-2011 10:48 PM

No, but they will be before the foal drops so he/she can be registered! We are just waiting for the names to be approved.

Kansas Spice Girl 12-07-2011 11:16 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Attachment 80942

Attachment 80943

Attachment 80944

Attachment 80945

These are all of my mare Spice she is not pregnant in any of these photos ( shes just a big girl! haha) I will work on post pics of the Sire and current pics of Spice!

Kansas Spice Girl 12-11-2011 11:18 AM

Quick update! I felt the baby move for the first time yesterday!!! I was just petting her belly and felt a nudge, I pressed both my hands against her side and he/sheb was just going crazy! It was a really cool experiance!

HorseTrance 12-11-2011 01:06 PM

Sounds like the foal is going to be a fiesty one ;P lol show pictures when the foal is born! Can't wait =]

SarahAnn 12-11-2011 01:32 PM

oh fun! I cant wait to watch the progress :) And welcome to the forum!

Kansas Spice Girl 12-11-2011 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HorseTrance (Post 1262053)
Sounds like the foal is going to be a fiesty one ;P lol show pictures when the foal is born! Can't wait =]

If he/she is anything like their mother I am going to have my hands full:D

Kansas Spice Girl 12-11-2011 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SarahAnn (Post 1262071)
oh fun! I cant wait to watch the progress :) And welcome to the forum!

Thanks SarahAnn!