The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Riding Critique (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-riding-critique/)
-   -   Critique me & chance jumping :) (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-riding-critique/critique-me-chance-jumping-105517/)

Chansu 12-07-2011 09:18 AM

Critique me & chance jumping :)

3 Attachment(s)
Okay, so im not much of a jumper but i do enjoy it from time to time.
I have only jumped Chance a handful of times since i got her in august as she loses all breaks & sensibility as soon as she sees a jump. we have only been jumping tiny jumps for now, to try and work on control going into the jump. i know my position is pretty bad but since im not much of a jumper im not sure what im supposed to look like lol also, how is Chances jumping? what can i do to help her out a bit? other then have a bit more control on her speed haha. not sure if theres anything else you need to know, if ive missed anything out let me know :) thank you!

Chansu 12-07-2011 09:21 AM

first picture i got left behind as i was taken by surprise with the speed - that was the first ever jump i done on chance. i know i caught her in the mouth :(

ErikaLynn 12-07-2011 10:16 AM

EYES UP! Don't worry, your horse's head isn't going anywhere.

Also, you need to fold your body more. You are too straight. You should be moving with your horse, right now you are against him. You're either ahead or getting left behind.

You are relying too much on your upper body for balance. Practice your 2-point on the flat.

As for your horse's jump is a little hard to see, beacuse the jumps are small. But he seems like he needs to use his back legs more and his knees are uneven. Practicing gymnastics should help with that. Gymnastics will also help you get the feel of your horse's jump and help you solidify your 2-point.

You look like you are off to a good start.

Snizard93 12-07-2011 10:32 AM

You should be a little closer to the horses neck, and a little closer to the saddle. You need to fold forward, closing your hip angle, not just stand up in your stirrups and lean forward. Hope I am making sense.

Watch videos of others jumping, look at pictures, read. You'll get the idea :-) once you get the hang of it there will be no stopping you!

The more jumping you do, the better you both will get.