The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Conformation Critique (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-conformation-critique/)
-   -   TB critique please! (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-conformation-critique/tb-critique-please-105592/)

myhorsehasmentalissues 12-07-2011 09:23 PM

TB critique please!

5 Attachment(s)
Please Critique my TB mare. This is not a recent picture and she has gained tons of muscle now. And the skin problems are gone. I also included some baby pictures if that helps.

MangoRoX87 12-07-2011 09:26 PM

She's really cute, but stands under in the back.
She has a really cool blaze though:D

poopscooper 12-08-2011 10:59 AM

Pretty head, a bit of an ewe neck, needs some muscle, and looks to be ribby yet pot bellied in the pic with the psycedelic halter on, which to me says she is in need of a better worming regime! Definite lack of muscle tone in rear...do lots of hills, and long trotting...

SarahAnn 12-08-2011 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by poopscooper (Post 1258796)
Pretty head, a bit of an ewe neck, needs some muscle, and looks to be ribby yet pot bellied in the pic with the psycedelic halter on, which to me says she is in need of a better worming regime! Definite lack of muscle tone in rear...do lots of hills, and long trotting...

Quote:

Originally Posted by myhorsehasmentalissues (Post 1258303)
This is not a recent picture and she has gained tons of muscle now. And the skin problems are gone.

Pretty girl :) I am not a confirmation freak, but just wanted to point out that the OP said originally that the picture is old and she's gained tons of muscle... did you forget to read the OP?

Endiku 12-08-2011 06:22 PM

very typey TB. Shark fin withers, and long. good shoulder angle, but appears to be under at the knees and camped under in the back. Longer in the back than I'd like, but I'm sure she looks better now that she's in condition. Recent photos?

IMO she looks a ton better in the second/third pictures than in the first.

myhorsehasmentalissues 12-08-2011 06:36 PM

Top picture was from about three months after we got her. then the next ones are from last december. I will try to get new pictures soon. the weather has been so bad the past few weeks...

Horsegears 12-19-2011 06:14 AM

Longer and leaner limbs. Wither set a touch forward. Back length OK with perhaps a touch of weakness through the loins. Shallower girth helping stride length and free movement. Now the croup has some good extra length and is certainly the strength of the topline. Some jumps potential if sound. The rear cannons may be a touch out although that could be the ground as well. Flashy markings. Good one. :)