The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Riding (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-riding/)
-   -   RODE A PERCHERON! (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-riding/rode-percheron-10561/)

Brandon 06-24-2008 11:51 PM

RODE A PERCHERON!

HOLY COW!! today at ridin i rode a BEAUTIFUL! PERCHERON!!! she was AMAZIN! she had THE smoothiest walk, trot, and lope i have ever felt. She doesn't have very good manners, but she is a beauty!
she is all black with i believe a stripe runnin down her face, she has beautiful feathers, and bottom line.. she was amazin!

My trainor took some pics of me on her, and once she sends me them i will post them!!

sorry guys, but i had to post this!

mlkarel2010 06-24-2008 11:53 PM

That's amazing I LOVE riding percherons!! Except, they're hard to get on from the ground.... I managed though! I used to ALWAYS ride one at camp, she was all black, and i loved her!

Can't wait for pics :wink:

Brandon 06-25-2008 12:07 AM

Yea tell me about it! First we had a horrible time catchin Maxy (the Percheron), so we hopped on acouple of horses and rode bareback and herded her until we kinda cornered her.. then i managed to jump on her and ride her bareback to the barn to tack her up..

It was fun tho

mlkarel2010 06-25-2008 12:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brandon
Yea tell me about it! First we had a horrible time catchin Maxy (the Percheron), so we hopped on acouple of horses and rode bareback and herded her until we kinda cornered her.. then i managed to jump on her and ride her bareback to the barn to tack her up..

It was fun tho

hmm, we couldn't catch the percheron i rode either.....

wow, that sounds like tons of fun though......

PoptartShop 06-25-2008 12:09 AM

You're SOO lucky...I'd love to ride a bigger breed!! ;) They are so beautiful. Awesome!!

Jubilee Rose 06-25-2008 12:52 AM

Aww, thats awesome Brandon! Percherons are beautiful. I love them. Happy to hear you had such a great ride! Will you get to ride her again?

Brandon 06-25-2008 01:07 AM

yes i will definantly ride her agian.. for now though, i might have to continue ridin nana (which is fine) cause she needs to lose weight.. and to give you an example of how much a chunky monkey she is, she is 14.1hh and she weighs 1015 pds, she is a sorrel tb mare.

but i can ride Maxy any lesson i want.

My2Geldings 06-27-2008 06:21 PM

hahahaha tolon, I think we have someone in our grasp :lol:

now the key is to change your mind into wanting a draft :twisted:

My2Geldings 06-27-2008 09:00 PM

NOT Tolon but Solon. I knew it didn't seem right as I was typing it.

Sorry :oops:

chasin the dream 06-28-2008 10:07 PM

ooh thats cool brandon.she sounds gorgeous! but yeah, perchies are awesome!