The Horse Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Have you seen this Horse and Buggy man before?!

2K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  Country Woman 
#1 ·

Have you ever seen this man?!

This man traveled through our hometown in Georgia and stayed at my family's RV park. He has had many news articles written about him and has been ALL over! That horse is taken such good care of! She is his life and all he has left. I was so interested just to make sure his horse was well taken care of! :)

He only goes about 10 miles a day on back roads/highways. So he is always stopping in many different towns. He started in Texas and ended up in his home in Alabama. I live in Georgia and he came through my hometown. I actually rode about 8 miles with him from my farm (because he passed right by) to my family's business in the next town. I had met him the night before because he stayed at a farm that belongs to a lady I work for. They called me and told me I had to come meet him! He asked me if I wanted to ride along and I was thrilled!

After we arrived to our destination

After we made to the RV park I took him to our local farrier supply and he bought 4 sets of shoes and some borium to be applied by a welder that lives at our park. He was there for about 3 days. I loaded a round bale of hay onto a trailer and took it to his horse for their extended stay.

After they left our home town, they went towards south Georgia, cut over to Savannah and then went up to Helen, Ga. After Helen they went home to Alabama (GA/AL line).

It was very interesting!! I still talk to him on the phone probably once a month. He and his horse are at home in Alabama for now, but they plan on taking a trip after winter.

I was just curious if any of you have seen him!

See less See more
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.