The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Breeds (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-breeds/)
-   -   Here is our new gelding!! (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-breeds/here-our-new-gelding-106144/)

alichawhittaker 12-13-2011 06:03 PM

Here is our new gelding!!

1 Attachment(s)
We acquired this fellow last night a guy called me and said the boarder had left him and hasnt paid so we went to pick him up, He is very gentle lets me pick up his feet he is very curious i was told he is quarter horse and about 3 yrs old the man that owns the facility said he has been ridden but iam not to eager to hop on just yet:) just wanted to show yo all my new fellow what do you all think??Attachment 81361

Cinnys Whinny 12-13-2011 06:06 PM

I think he is really cute. Can't wait to see him with some muscle tone. He also looks like he may have some parasites going on in that tummy. But all over, he has a cute head, decent conformation. It's a little hard to tell from the pic, it does make him look a little short necked. I like him, and is that a blue eye??? If it is, I would guess that he's actually a paint, not a QH.

lilruffian 12-13-2011 06:31 PM

Nice looking horse! Love the color & markings :D

alichawhittaker 12-13-2011 09:51 PM

he does have a blue eye iam thinking paint too since the white face he is pretty iam curious if he will get bigger? does his weight look ok??

Cinnys Whinny 12-13-2011 09:59 PM

With the blue eye, I'm thinking solid paint. His weight looks ok, I'm thinking his barrel belly is a parasite issue, I would either have a float done, or worm him to make sure. I think with some proper feed, exercise he will muscle up and be one beautiful boy by mid summer at the latest. I'm actually a little jealous.

alichawhittaker 12-13-2011 10:07 PM

yeah he has 1 blue eye 1 brown eye iam going to get some quest and see what happens iam actually quite excited myself lol

Pyrrhic 12-13-2011 10:11 PM

He looks very sweet and it looks like he still has some growing to do :-)

Country Woman 12-14-2011 06:34 PM

He's a nice looking horse
He is maybe a solid color Paint