The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Tack and Equipment (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-tack-equipment/)
-   -   Haven't payed for the saddle yet? (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-tack-equipment/havent-payed-saddle-yet-106458/)

Lonannuniel 12-17-2011 03:05 AM

Haven't payed for the saddle yet?

hey guys, i'm in a bit of a dilemma -

I took home a test saddle on consignment from the tack store ( gave my phone number, address, etc that they required ) and tried it, i liked it. I phoned the store and requested the saddle fitter ( the person who recommended and lent out the saddle to me in the first place) to come out and do a fitting. She came out, it fit well, and I said I would be willing to purchase this saddle. I told her my offer, and she sad she would phone the owners and get back to me. In the mean time I can keep the saddle, they don't need it at the store to make the purchase.

A while went by, and I phoned the store wondering what the owners said, she said the owners had not gotten back to her, and that SHE would phone ME when they did ( she made that quite clear ), so I said OK.

It's been quite a while, I haven't heard from the tack store, or gotten any information on whether my offer was accepted, or anything. I have the money saved still, but I am not sure what i should do from here.

opinions? suggestions?

Thanks!

Tianimalz 12-17-2011 03:51 AM

Just go back to the tack store and sort the thing out?

ChingazMyBoy 12-17-2011 03:56 AM

I think take the saddle back to the store. Until you find out if your price has been accepted or denied.
Posted via Mobile Device

iridehorses 12-17-2011 07:17 AM

How long has it been? What does "a while" mean. Do you mean a day or two, a week, longer?

If it's been a few days, I would wait until a week goes by then press the issue at the store - not on the phone.

Joe4d 12-17-2011 08:43 AM

if it has been over a week take the saddle back, I forsee a situation where you hang onto the saddle awhile, ride in it put some wear on it, then they come back reject your offer but say the saddle is now worn and you owe them "X" amount.

You could always just go by with the money you offered and say hay I need to pay for that saddle.

Saddlebag 12-18-2011 09:43 AM

I'm surprised you could remove the saddle from the premises without paying for it. Usually if it's returned money is refunded as long as it's within a day or two and is in the same condition as when it left.

iridehorses 12-18-2011 10:09 AM

Depends on your relationship with the tack shop, Saddlebag. I can usually take home a saddle for trying at my regular shop and pay for it if it fits but just return it if it doesn't.

kitten_Val 12-18-2011 02:42 PM

I took like 5 or 6 new saddles from my local store for my fitter to try (i did leave CC # though). So indeed depends on relations. BUT I'd try to sort it out ASAP. Because it's kinda strange to me.

VelvetsAB 12-18-2011 02:59 PM

Go back to the store and pay for it immediately. If there is no firm price, leave the saddle at the store on hold, so that when you get a price, you still have first dibs. Otherwise you might find yourself charged with theft.

Saddlebag 12-18-2011 03:55 PM

Iride, if I'm not paid for the saddle, I wind up chasing it down and listening to all kinds of excuses. This has happened twice. No thanks. Perhaps the store is waiting for Lona to return the saddle or stop in of her own volition.