The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Tack and Equipment (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-tack-equipment/)
-   -   Dose Your Saddle Slip? (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-tack-equipment/dose-your-saddle-slip-106507/)

MyAmbeiLife 12-17-2011 08:12 PM

Dose Your Saddle Slip?

Insted of complanining that your saddle slips think about what could contribute to your problems.

When was the last time you checked your saddle fit? If it has been a while then you might want to check your fit. If that is your problem then you might want to change your gullet size or mabe you might want a saddle fitter to fit your horse with a new one. This may have happened because your horse is young and they are still growing or mabe they're getting a lot more work than they used to.

Have you though mabe it's your saddle pad? It could be slippery and the saddle falls back because of it. If so then you could invest in a Non-Slip Pad. This can also help with a slippery back mabe the shampoo works too good?

Have you thought it might be what your doing? Mabe it's just that your jumping really high and your saddle slips back because their back goes almost vertical. If thats it mabe you should invest in an breastplate I prefer one like this Pessoa Saddles myself. This will keep your saddle from slipping back if it is fitted properly. I also segest if you are jumping super high to use a crupper like this Crupper - standard folder leather tail piece - lavender/violet beta I only use one when jumping super high I don't really like them but don't be afraid to use one if your saddle slips.

If this didn't help try to think..
When dose it slip?
Have I looked to see if my saddle fits, that I don't need a breastplate and my saddle pad isn't sliping?
...and tell me and I might be able to help.

Tianimalz 12-17-2011 08:27 PM

Why are there so many people suddenly trying to advertise stuff on this board?

The fact you're a new member really doesn't give you any either... and no, my saddle is just fine, a proper fit does the trick instead of another piece of tack to have to worry about.

MyAmbeiLife 12-17-2011 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tianimalz (Post 1269862)

The fact you're a new member really doesn't give you any either... and no, my saddle is just fine, a proper fit does the trick instead of another piece of tack to have to worry about.

Sorry im not trying to advertize I don't know what i was but you know...

Tnavas 12-18-2011 12:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tianimalz (Post 1269862)

Well that is a very pleasent welcome to a new member! She has a lot of useful information to impart. Go and eat a chocolate SAnta and chill! :D

Tianimalz 12-18-2011 12:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tnavas (Post 1270219)
Well that is a very pleasent welcome to a new member! She has a lot of useful information to impart. Go and eat a chocolate SAnta and chill! :D

I already ate Santa, started with the toes so he would suffer more.

Tnavas 12-18-2011 12:49 AM

Maybe you need to eat some more with a glass of wine :D

Tianimalz 12-18-2011 12:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tnavas (Post 1270231)
Maybe you need to eat some more with a glass of wine :D

Well, I got started on eating the chocolate frosty, then watched him melt as I drank wine mixed with some blood from my slain foes.