The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Talk (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/)
-   -   I was SUPER nervous (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/i-super-nervous-10657/)

Moxie 06-26-2008 07:37 PM

I was SUPER nervous

Alright, just in case you guys werent tired of hearing about my fall.. lol no, but really.

I had my first lesson after the fall today, and I was SUUUUPER nervous, so much so, that I wanted to dismount only 15mins into my lesson. However, I kept my cool and MADE myself stay on the full hour. I was really nervous though, and now I really need to find some ways to calm down, or maybe I will have to sit on the side lines in the future. :(

Im a nervous, anxious person as it is, so falling, and then trying to get back into the saddle is a little nerve wracking for me.

Any tips to help ease my nerves a bit? Im not giving up on riding, in fact, I have another lesson set up for Monday, but I want to be relaxed enough to enjoy myself.

HELP!

Dumas'_Grrrl 06-26-2008 09:29 PM

Breath girl! :lol: It will be all right. I think at one time or another we have all had our confidence in the dumpster. Remind yourself why you wanted to do this in the first place and get back in that saddle. You are gonna eat dirt from time to time. The cool thing is that you already had your dirt snack and you survived. Keep on keepin on!!!!

Moxie 06-27-2008 02:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dumas'_Grrrl
Breath girl! :lol: It will be all right. I think at one time or another we have all had our confidence in the dumpster. Remind yourself why you wanted to do this in the first place and get back in that saddle. You are gonna eat dirt from time to time. The cool thing is that you already had your dirt snack and you survived. Keep on keepin on!!!!

Thanks hun, I knew I could count on you for some good advice. :wink:

Breath, thats what my instructor kept saying, just breath. Despite the fact that i was nervous, Fritz was doing much better than the first time I rode him. He's such a good horsey.

"Pain hurts, but only for a minute" I'm just going to have to remember that. lol

Moxie 06-30-2008 10:23 AM

I have my next lesson at 1 today..

........................ I CAN DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Dumas'_Grrrl 06-30-2008 10:26 AM

YES YOU CAN!!!!!!! :D

meggymoo 06-30-2008 10:39 AM

Dont laugh, but when I'm nervous in the saddle I sing. :roll: Always seems to be Winnie The Pooh aswell for some reason?!?
It helps me relax..... you should try it.

Dumas has really good advice, she's a smart lady. :wink:

Good luck today, you'll be fine. :D

Moxie 06-30-2008 11:23 AM

Thats funny because when I'm out on my 4-wheeler by myself, I'll sing the raw hide song. lol. I'll have to try that. My instructor last time tried to get me to tell her a story while I was on the horse, I couldn't focus on both the story and my riding, I'm sure that was the point, but it made me even more nervous.

claireauriga 06-30-2008 11:26 AM

I'm not looking forward to my first fall! I know it will have to happen sometime, but I hate pain and I'm really not good at the getting-back-on sort of thing. It doesn't help that my best friend keeps talking about her wonderful concussion and a fall where she can't actually remember five minutes on either side of the event ...

Moxie 06-30-2008 11:30 AM

Okay, first, I didn't need to read that lol.

Second, the fall it's self wasn't bad at all. Yes, it hurt, it knocked the wind out of me, and what not, but over all, it wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be, just like getting stepped on.... It wasn't that bad.

claireauriga 06-30-2008 11:38 AM

Sorry :oops: Didn't mean to make things worse!

I'm jealous of people who can get back on the horse with no fear. The ones I admire, though, are the ones who are scared or nervous but who work through it and keep going. That's so much harder, and it requires a very different kind of courage!