The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Dressage (http://www.horseforum.com/dressage/)
-   -   Dressage tests changes (http://www.horseforum.com/dressage/dressage-tests-changes-106617/)

kitten_Val 12-19-2011 08:37 AM

Dressage tests changes

May be a tough question, but...

I believe it happens every 2 years or so. Is that true? And if so how much tests are changed? And when the new ones get printed out (next year)?

P.S. I'm thinking about buying the diagram book, but I don't want to buy now and find out everything is changing next year. :)

Spyder 12-19-2011 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kitten_Val (Post 1271558)
May be a tough question, but...

I believe it happens every 2 years or so. Is that true? And if so how much tests are changed? And when the new ones get printed out (next year)?

P.S. I'm thinking about buying the diagram book, but I don't want to buy now and find out everything is changing next year. :)

I lost track of when the last change was but I think it was last year. Maybe your coach will know.

Cinnys Whinny 12-19-2011 09:00 PM

I know they changed the tests for 2011 here in the US and the new tests went into effect December 2010. I don't know how often they change them though.

kitten_Val 12-19-2011 09:34 PM

Thank you, ladies!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spyder (Post 1272357)
I lost track of when the last change was but I think it was last year. Maybe your coach will know.

How much do they change it (if you know of course)? I don't think I'll see my trainer for next couple weeks or so (because of the holidays).

Cinny, I believe it's every 2 years, but I'm very unsure. My trainer seems to be using a quite old one, but I never asked.

Cinnys Whinny 12-19-2011 09:41 PM

Not sure on how much but I do know that at some levels they changed the amount of test per level last time, as well as adding canter to Intro. It used to be that you didn't canter at all in Intro classes.

kitten_Val 12-19-2011 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cinnys Whinny (Post 1272435)
Not sure on how much but I do know that at some levels they changed the amount of test per level last time, as well as adding canter to Intro. It used to be that you didn't canter at all in Intro classes.

With Intro I believe they didn't have C at all and just introduced it this or last year (from what I read on web). It's interesting that you have to buy Intro separately from the rest (Training through 4th I believe). I did print out Intro, of course, but just saying. :)

I'm more curious about the changes in patterns: how often those happen. I tried to find something but so far not much of luck.

AllyKatSki1 12-19-2011 10:00 PM

They change every 4 years :-)

kitten_Val 12-19-2011 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AllyKatSki1 (Post 1272454)
They change every 4 years :-)

Good to know! Thanks, Ally!

Spyder 12-19-2011 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kitten_Val (Post 1272425)
Thank you, ladies!
How much do they change it (if you know of course)? I don't think I'll see my trainer for next couple weeks or so (because of the holidays).

The basic patterns won't change but they can and have put some things in more difficult places. Like a circle at either end is relatively easy but a B or at E is much harder. There should not be any changes for 2012 because we would have known by now.

I know that in the past they have kept them the same for up to 4 years but never longer. The rumor mill will be churning by Sept of next year if they are planning on new ones for 2013.

kitten_Val 12-19-2011 10:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spyder (Post 1272490)
The basic patterns won't change but they can and have put some things in more difficult places. Like a circle at either end is relatively easy but a B or at E is much harder. There should not be any changes for 2012 because we would have known by now.

I know that in the past they have kept them the same for up to 4 years but never longer. The rumor mill will be churning by Sept of next year if they are planning on new ones for 2013.

Cool! Thanks for the info!

I guess I'm safe to order the diagram book then for X-mas! :)