The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   English Riding (http://www.horseforum.com/english-riding/)
-   -   Winter breeches recommendations (http://www.horseforum.com/english-riding/winter-breeches-recommendations-106687/)

kitten_Val 12-19-2011 09:36 PM

Winter breeches recommendations
 
Does anyone use warm winter breeches? And if so what is your experience/opinion on brands? I'm thinking about getting a cheaper pair in Dover (for that show coming in Jan), but I'm still unsure.

With Grace 12-20-2011 05:10 PM

On colder days I ride in these
KerritsŪ PowerStretch Knee Patch Winter Riding Breeches < Winter Breeches < Riding Apparel|Dover Saddlery.

They are lined in soft fleece, and really do the job of keeping me warm. I also find I can move really well in them. I wish they came in full seat!

kitten_Val 12-20-2011 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by With Grace (Post 1273434)
On colder days I ride in these
KerritsŪ PowerStretch Knee Patch Winter Riding Breeches < Winter Breeches < Riding Apparel|Dover Saddlery.

They are lined in soft fleece, and really do the job of keeping me warm. I also find I can move really well in them. I wish they came in full seat!

Thanks, Grace! They were on my list to try (most probably this Fri or Sat) in Dover. (P.S. I hate full seat, so I have no problem with that! :D )

MHFoundation Quarters 12-20-2011 07:15 PM

Subbing. My plan has been under armour under breeches but hey winter ones are a good excuse to buy something new ;)

jinxremoving 12-20-2011 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MHFoundation Quarters (Post 1273597)
Subbing. My plan has been under armour under breeches but hey winter ones are a good excuse to buy something new ;)

UnderArmour (Cold Gear) is awesome under breeches! I wore it last weekend when it was -10c out and didn't find it too cold. :)

kitten_Val 12-20-2011 10:43 PM

I don't know, folks. I tried UnderArmour in past and for some reason I feel like I want to scratch all over my legs. I guess I'm special (in wrong way)! :-|

tinyliny 12-20-2011 11:07 PM

Lo0ve the Kerrits. I don't like their "sit tight and warm" becasue they are SO sticky! But the older knee patch ones are super! I don't need long johns under them but I would add that if I lived in your climate!

IF you have the money, Tropical Rider makes awesome deerskin winter riding breeches. Pricey , but will last forever!

With Grace 12-21-2011 12:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kitten_Val (Post 1273568)
Thanks, Grace! They were on my list to try (most probably this Fri or Sat) in Dover. (P.S. I hate full seat, so I have no problem with that! :D )

I think you'll end up really liking them. I have them in black and am getting the grey for xmas. They also dont attract horse hair I have noticed, they always look clean!

egrogan 12-21-2011 01:17 PM

Agree on the Kerrits. I love, love, love them and just smile when everyone asks why I'm not shivering along with them. They keep me plenty warm.

BUT

I am short (5'3") and I have a real problem with their lengths. They don't seem to make "short" in any of their pants, at least not that I can find, so for my everyday stuff I have to buy the "regular" length riding tights and pull them up past my belly button so they don't bunch around my ankles. Not very fashionable, but warmth is the priority at this point in the year! It seems that every manufacturer has "long" options, but no short!!

kitten_Val 12-21-2011 01:23 PM

^^ Short won't be an issue. I'm whooping 5'9! :D


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:29 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0