The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   General Off Topic Discussion (http://www.horseforum.com/general-off-topic-discussion/)
-   -   Alaskan Clydesdale (http://www.horseforum.com/general-off-topic-discussion/alaskan-clydesdale-10670/)

My2Geldings 06-26-2008 11:52 PM

Alaskan Clydesdale

:shock: Poor animal.

http://www.explorenorth.com/blog/alaska_clydesdale.jpg :shock:

Moxie 06-27-2008 02:05 AM

That makes me sad :( I love moose. Every time I go up to northern MN, I always strain to see a wild moose, and it never happens. I think they are so majestic and are a staple of our nations wildlife. To be treated like that is just an abomination.

Okay, that might have been a little harsh, but I think it's sad. :(

PoptartShop 06-27-2008 02:23 AM

Awww. :(

hotreddun 06-27-2008 11:30 AM

It's no different than a horse being used for logging. :? I kind of applaud the guy. The moose looks like he is in good condition and fed well. And the logger is being responsible enough to use sustainable techniques instead of bulldozing and spewing emissions all over one of the last wilderness areas.

Gingerrrrr 06-27-2008 12:03 PM

i agree with the above post. the animal doesnt look in any pain and doesnt look skinny. i also give the guy a pat on the back. thats acctually really neat to have a moose doing that. :D

buckaroo2010 06-27-2008 01:03 PM

awwww :(

NorthernMama 06-27-2008 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hotreddun
It's no different than a horse being used for logging. :? I kind of applaud the guy. The moose looks like he is in good condition and fed well. And the logger is being responsible enough to use sustainable techniques instead of bulldozing and spewing emissions all over one of the last wilderness areas.

This was extremely common all over the moose's territory. The only problem was that you couldn't use them during the rut. They are completely unmanageable. This animal looks in very good shape actually. Better than many I have seen in the wild. There is no reason for pity for him. He's a happy camper. Trust me, if a moose isn't happy, you are gonna KNOW it.!

Dumas'_Grrrl 06-27-2008 05:15 PM

Thats what I was thinking Northernmomma. I figured if the Moose had a problem with it he would have made it known! :wink:

brightside 06-27-2008 06:09 PM

i laughed when i saw the picture, and then i read all these posts saying poor animal. i'm a bit shocked at the inital reaction really. The first thing that came to mind is exactly what northernmama and Dumas have implicated. a moose is obviously a huge animal, and he's not going to take anything mean-spirited from a human (unless the human has a gun, in which case the moose doesnt have much of a chance). but in this case, the use of the moose seems alright and not inhumane.

Dumas'_Grrrl 06-27-2008 07:09 PM

Ha ha... The use of the moose....that made me laugh! :lol: