The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Plus Sized Riders (http://www.horseforum.com/plus-sized-riders/)
-   -   Zumba anyone? (http://www.horseforum.com/plus-sized-riders/zumba-anyone-106810/)

RadHenry09 12-20-2011 11:18 PM

Zumba anyone?

So , here I am again ...it is getting to be a New Year very soon and I am vowing to be healthier and exercise more. 50 lbs would be my ideal goal for weight loss although I should lose more.

As far as exercise goes ..does anyone do Zumba? If so , do you like it and have you seen results?

I do have the DVDS but haven't done the workout too often:-|

I may have the chance to join a class 2 days a week for free , but am ashamed that everyone is more advanced and will look better than me:oops: The classes would meet on the 2 evenings that I normally am spending at the barn. Wonder if I should buy the Wii Zumba?

What have been your experiences with Zumba? I feel as if I go to the classes I would hold myself more accountable and do it. When I am at home , I am less inclined to get up off my butt!

newbierider 12-21-2011 07:43 AM

Go you will love to hate it!!!!!! When you first go and for about 5 classes or so therafter you will feel lost, clumsy, foolish. You will also be accusing the instructor of being some kind of "happy crack addict" or perhaps swearing at her under your breath!

But it is fun, and you sweat, and you realize it is working, and each class you begin to get the steps down a bit more..and it WORKS

this is my and several friends experience. Alas if you quit going to class because of life you quickly become unable to do the steps or run around like the energizer bunny and gain back your weight and inches.

I bought the wii zumba this week since I cannot go to classes right now, I am determined to start using it tonight so I will let you know.

Go take the free classes!!!!!!

sleepythunder 01-11-2012 03:58 PM

Zumba is fabulous. I love it. Even if you don't have the co-ordination to follow the steps you ll find just even trying to catch up is still enough of a work out. Go into it all hung ho but dont be afraid to modify any of the steps to your own level. If you can't hop skip or jump then just tap it out. You ll have a blast
Posted via Mobile Device

MHFoundation Quarters 01-11-2012 04:09 PM

I've went to a few classes and had a lot of fun. I've thought about getting the Wii game too. Let us know how it is newbie!

LuckyRVT 01-11-2012 07:50 PM

LOVE ZUMBA! i lost like 8 pounds in 2 weeks. with zumba 3 times a week, i would drink ovaltine or eat a bowl of cereal, have a snack before lunch (cabbage, pudding cup, jello.) for lunch a lean cuisine or smart choice, a snack mid day and then dinner. Alli works well also its a fat blocker. if you splurge though be care full with it, dont go eating french fries...you will pay for it.

Taffy Clayton 01-11-2012 08:02 PM

You need to go. I love exercise classes, everone has been a beginner like you. You start to meet people and they will hopefully hold you accountable to be there at class. The other classmates are so busy worring about themselves they won't pay any attention to you learning. I find myself in class doing more work than I do by myself to try and keep up. I personally do not do zumba, I do not like to dance, but i do step, body works, core workout and the killer, drills that make you sweat, that leaves me gasping for air. I love it when I'm finished but can't wait to go next time.

SportHorseHeaven 01-13-2012 09:20 AM

Zumba is great fun!!! I lost 2stone doing that and healthy eating :) so much fun! Have the game and dvds! Know doing resistance training as I don't want to get bored....as I usually do lol
Posted via Mobile Device

MN Tigerstripes 01-13-2012 09:31 AM

I signed up for a class to give it a try. Two of my cousins loved it!

Golden Horse 01-13-2012 01:37 PM

I've only just discovered Zumba, as in people talking about it and watched a couple of you tube videos.

First question, is it pronounced like Zoom, or to rhyme with sum??

Second any feed back on Zumba for the wii yet? There are no classes anywhere around here so I'll have to be home schooled:lol:

SportHorseHeaven 01-13-2012 01:40 PM

The wii is great :) I love it :) I done go to classes anymore...they are too late! The new one is great! New songs new moves lol
Posted via Mobile Device