The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Dressage (http://www.horseforum.com/dressage/)
-   -   Isabell Werth shows off Golden Helmet (http://www.horseforum.com/dressage/isabell-werth-shows-off-golden-helmet-106890/)

DuffyDuck 12-21-2011 05:26 PM

Isabell Werth shows off Golden Helmet

Isabell Werth Shows Off Golden Helmet in Frankfurt and Makes a Statement | eurodressage

Thoughts?

Speed Racer 12-21-2011 05:29 PM

I think it's hideous, but there will be some people tripping all over themselves to buy one just like it. :-x

ArabianAllie 12-21-2011 05:33 PM

I think it's a great statement, but I will stick to my plain black helmet.

DuffyDuck 12-21-2011 05:41 PM

HAHA I didn't mean the helmet as such- but I agree.. could just spray paint one if you really wanted too.. it was more about the article about dressage riders wearing helmets ( I know this is a touchy subject ;D) and should other riders follow suit in the dressage world to set an example?

CattanWolf 12-21-2011 05:45 PM

It's tacky and horrible, but she's making a good statement, so many riders think they're so amazing that they don't need to bother wearing a safety hat. A lot of the adults at the club where I ride sometimes think "oh, I'm just doing dressage, no need to put a hat on, after all, *insert professional rider's name* doesn't need to."
She is setting a good example to her fans by wearing a riding hat, I hope more dressage riders will follow her lead.

Speed Racer 12-21-2011 05:45 PM

I never even thought about dressage riders and helmets, to be honest. I was horrifically mesmerized by that fugly helmet! I know dressage riders don't normally wear them.

DuffyDuck 12-21-2011 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Speed Racer (Post 1274962)
I never even thought about dressage riders and helmets, to be honest. I was horrifically mesmerized by that fugly helmet! I know dressage riders don't normally wear them.

my most humble apologies for scarring you for life :twisted:

I think they should, though. What difference is there horse wise between my Duffy, their horses, or your guys? (Well..apart from maybe cost and level LOL) They're still horses, and unpredictable. And, at the stage, probably more powerful with all that muscle..

I agree, I think its a good statement. And reading the statistics too.. and thats Germany ALONE...

crimsonsky 12-21-2011 06:00 PM

i like the idea that someone is stepping out in a helmet in competition. yay!

although.. i'm not a fan of the gold. :P

Kayty 12-21-2011 06:56 PM

Good on her - though that is possibly the most hideous helmet I have ever laid eyes on, at least it matches her jacket :P

I know I'd rather have a cracked helmet than cracked head. It takes 5 seconds to put on, and once you're used to wearing a helmet, you don't even notice it.

Delfina 12-21-2011 07:00 PM

I don't think hideous even begins to decribe that helmet. However.... I'd wear it too if I was getting paid. I'm sure the helmet maker paid her a TON to wear it.