The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Breeding (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-breeding/)
-   -   Star's Foaling Thread! (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-breeding/stars-foaling-thread-106984/)

JohnW82 12-22-2011 06:27 PM

Star's Foaling Thread!

Well, folks my mare is going to be having a foal soon!!! She's starting to bag up a little but no milk!!! She's 310 Day's in foal, she got all of her shot's, and 2 vet check up's.... Now Gotta wait, will try and get some picture's tomorrow for you all!!

Here she is - Hot Honey Paint

Quote:

Both Sire & Dam are both HYPP NN.
She's been coming in the foaling stall at night, outside with the Herd during the day... She has been showing signs of wanting to be by her self, and if one of the horse comes along by her she chases it away with her mouth wide open to bite them.. :shock: She some times gets there butt!!! :shock:

If its a colt hes already gone got him sold right off the bat..
Now if it's a filly she might be sold also, not sure!!!

The parents are both chestnuts!!

Quote:

If they are not sold.... I WILL KEEP THE FOAL!!! :)

Dreamcatcher Arabians 12-22-2011 06:56 PM

Is she maiden or an old hand? I have 2 mares due around the end of Jan first of Feb, both have had foals previously.

JohnW82 12-22-2011 07:05 PM

You know I'm not sure!!! She hasn't got no reg babies, but doesn't mean she has had none!! So, I'm really not sure!!

I got her when she was 7 year's old!!

Dreamcatcher Arabians 12-22-2011 07:08 PM

She's got a very nice pedigree on her sire line, I'm not familiar with her dam line though. But since I'm not a paint horse breeder, that doesn't mean a whole lot! I just recognize some of the Wiescamp breeding and the Conclusive breeding on her sire.

csimkunas6 12-22-2011 08:13 PM

How exciting!! Looking forward to baby pics! ;D

Ladybug2001 12-22-2011 10:38 PM

528 Attachment(s)
First of all, welcome to the site!

It is very exciting to see we have another foal thread to watch. Though I think I speak for everyone when I say, "THANK YOU". You are not making us wait nearly as long as every other thread on this site.. Some with 3 months ago, some with 1, one that we have no clue how long she has left. Lmao.

On a more serious note, congradulations. Very exciting. How old is she now? It is very possible she is maiden, and just as likely she could be old hand. I know my mare, whom I bred 3 years ago was "maiden" or so I think, and showed every sign in the book.

I hope you keep us updated, and I look forward to see the foal.

Golden Horse 12-22-2011 11:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ladybug2001 (Post 1276539)
Though I think I speak for everyone when I say, "THANK YOU". You are not making us wait nearly as long as every other thread on this site..

HEY I resemble that remark :lol::lol::lol:

OP, good luck with the foaling, hope you end up with a handsome little colt

Ladybug2001 12-23-2011 12:04 AM

528 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Golden Horse (Post 1276583)
HEY I resemble that remark :lol::lol::lol:

OP, good luck with the foaling, hope you end up with a handsome little colt

Lmao. I was talking about myself as well. XD
Posted via Mobile Device

JohnW82 12-23-2011 09:58 AM

Thanks for the comments... I haven't been to the barn to see her yet this morning. I don't have the luxury to keep her at my place cause I live in an apartment!! HA...

Here is a picture of her laying down!! ;-)

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net...22021781_n.jpg

Ladybug2001 12-23-2011 10:29 AM

528 Attachment(s)
She's cute, do you hava a picture of the sire?
Posted via Mobile Device