The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Shows (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-shows/)
-   -   Show clothing? (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-shows/show-clothing-107013/)

HarleyWood 12-22-2011 11:49 PM

Show clothing?

Okay so i want to go to APHA world show and i got a show shirt that i was going to were to show this summer but i dont know if they or the shows to qualifie (MN shows) would allow it? its black with white thread, and has short sleeves i got it for the summer months that get hot the shows are outside and i wanted something i wouldnt get over heated in. but would it work for these shows or would i have to get a new long sleeve shirt?

waresbear 12-22-2011 11:51 PM

What event are we talking about here?

HarleyWood 12-23-2011 12:01 AM

if short sleeves are alowed in American Paint horse shows or if you have to wear long sleeves. I just got a Short sleeve one for open shows this summer.

waresbear 12-23-2011 12:04 AM

Not for any western event, and for english, I suppose underneath your huntcoat. I don't know of any shows that allows short sleeve shirts only except at outside schooling schooling shows when the judge says it's ok.

ALittleBitOfSaint 12-23-2011 10:45 PM

I know that for western here in MI, you have to have a show shirt (so long sleeve, collar, cuffs ect ect), nice boots, chaps, hat, gloves (optional, but add a nice touch)

GotaDunQH 12-28-2011 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HarleyWood (Post 1276658)
Okay so i want to go to APHA world show and i got a show shirt that i was going to were to show this summer but i dont know if they or the shows to qualifie (MN shows) would allow it? its black with white thread, and has short sleeves i got it for the summer months that get hot the shows are outside and i wanted something i wouldnt get over heated in. but would it work for these shows or would i have to get a new long sleeve shirt?

Short sleeves are not allowed in APHA competition, unless is a hunt seat class and worn UNDER a hunt coat.

paintedhartranch 12-31-2011 07:01 AM

it has to have long sleeves, at any apha show. most western shows state long sleeve, with collar, and cuffs for some events, and other events no cuffs. but always long sleeve