The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   General Off Topic Discussion (http://www.horseforum.com/general-off-topic-discussion/)
-   -   Wrapping Paper and Wrapping Gifts... (http://www.horseforum.com/general-off-topic-discussion/wrapping-paper-wrapping-gifts-107125/)

VelvetsAB 12-24-2011 11:51 AM

Wrapping Paper and Wrapping Gifts...

So this morning, my boyfriend, his sister and I were wrapping gifts for their nieces and nephews. At the end, for 7 different kids, they had only used a few patterns. (I was slightly horrified, as there was no lack of wrapping paper. Brand new pack of 7 wasn't even opened, plus what was left from last year.) I thought there should have been 8 different colours used...one for each kids gift, then all three families got the same three books, which could go in the same paper.

Last night when I wrapped my presents for my family, everyone got a different pattern of paper, and if they had multiple gifts, they were all wrapped in the same pattern. My dad and his wife got 3 different colours, one for each of their own gift, then the same paper for their "together" gift. Same with my mom and her bf.

So how do you wrap your gifts? Does everyone get their own pattern/colour, or do you wrap them all with the same paper?

Ray MacDonald 12-24-2011 11:54 AM

I wrap mine in whatever I have. Usually the same color/pattern.

TaMMa89 12-24-2011 11:56 AM

All with the same paper here.

VelvetsAB 12-24-2011 12:02 PM

LOL. Apparently I am the weirdo!

Wallaby 12-24-2011 12:10 PM

I try to use as many different wrapping papers as possible too!
My preferred system (since my family doesn't generally have more than 5 different papers, which is lame) is where I try to keep the amount of each paper used even. So if I wrap one large present with a paper, I'll do 3 smaller ones with a different paper to "keep it even". However, all those packages have to be going to different people. If I can help it, I try to never give the same person two packages wrapped in the same pattern.
If I only have a few presents to wrap, I'll do each one in a different paper.

I would have been horrified too! :lol:

MHFoundation Quarters 12-24-2011 12:26 PM

I'm wrapping right now, ugh. Presents from Santa get special paper & leftover gets burned. (I have an inquisitive 6 year old who would def notice lol) The rest of the gifts get wrapped color coordinated with the decor on my big tree. This year that means metallic gold paper & burgundy velvet ribbon.

Anyone want to finish for me, only about 30 to go :(
Posted via Mobile Device

gypsygirl 12-24-2011 12:33 PM

most of my present go in bags lol, i dont really pay attention to color or anything !!

Hidalgo13 12-24-2011 12:45 PM

I loove wrapping with different colors and patterns! Makes all the presents under the tree look so much nicer together. Though we usually don't have tons of paper, just maybe 2-3 different kinds, so we try to make them look different with the ribbons and rosettes!

jinxremoving 12-24-2011 12:54 PM

I ran out of wrapping paper today and had to use some newspaper... the stores are insane, utterly insane, there is no way in hell I'm going there just to pick up some wrapping paper. :)

Jake and Dai 12-24-2011 01:03 PM

I usually mix it up, multiple patterns for the giftees. But this year I decided 1 pattern per person. So I was actually a bit sad when I ran out of the pattern for my daughters last gift. LOL