The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (
-   Jumping (
-   -   Looking for names of jumps (

ToLoveHorsesForever 12-24-2011 01:45 PM

Looking for names of jumps
I'm still pretty new to the world of English riding and am attempting to learn all I can. So for one thing, what are some names of some of the jumps commonly found in shows? Some pictures would be nice too. Just looking to extend my vocabulary.

lubylol 12-24-2011 01:49 PM

There's oxer, rolltop, lattice, cross rail, vertical, wing jump, barrels, etc.

I'm on mobile but I'll be home soon, and I can post pictures of the above :)
Posted via Mobile Device

equiniphile 12-24-2011 04:05 PM

These are show jumping jumps and don't include cross country fences:
Types of Horse Show Jumps

uii 12-26-2011 12:52 PM

Oxer, triple bar, cross rail, liverpool.

Showjumper1 12-26-2011 01:00 PM

Oxer, vertical, triple bar, rolltop, liverpool, cavaletties sp? (if you count these), are a few.

equiniphile 12-26-2011 01:04 PM

There's a few different types of oxers (ascending, swedish, etc.) that are explained in the link.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:31 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome