The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Talk (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/)
-   -   Your Horse Related Christmas Presents! (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/your-horse-related-christmas-presents-107222/)

sarahkgamble 12-25-2011 01:57 PM

Your Horse Related Christmas Presents!

Santa was real good to me and Shamrock this year.

Shamrock got apples and carrots,
and we got a new Roma saddle pad and new stirrup irons. :)

Can't wait to go to the barn tomorrow and use my new stuff!!

What did you and your horse get?!

Brighteyes 12-25-2011 02:04 PM

I've gotten some purple Woof all purpose boots, two new saddle pads (a black one and a white one!), a cooler, and a dressage whip. My grandparents haven't gotten over to the house yet, so I may get one or two little things from them. I'm happy! :D

kitten_Val 12-25-2011 02:07 PM

Lol! I was just thinking about starting similar thread. Glad someone else did! :D

I have B-day/X-mas combined, so I got 2 pairs of winter breeches and nice tall leather boots from my parents (I did chose all that myself, as I'm hard to fit in all places), and non-slip dressage pad from my friend. Very happy, because that's what I really wanted.

OwnedByAlli 12-25-2011 02:07 PM

I got a GFS bridal!!! And a new tack box, but my main pressie was a laptop so the horsey stuff was limited this christmas.

Alli got 6kg of salt lick, and apples and carrots.

Alli also jumped her first jump yesterday too, so i think that was her gift to me :D

kitten_Val 12-25-2011 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OwnedByAlli (Post 1279265)
Alli also jumped her first jump yesterday too, so i think that was her gift to me :D

I think that was the best gift! :)

sarahkgamble 12-25-2011 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OwnedByAlli (Post 1279265)

That is AWESOME. :) Shamrock cantered outside the arena with me the other day and was completely relaxed about it (the first time we tried cantering outside the arena was a big disaster) and trotted up to me when I went out to the pasture to get him. Those were probably my two presents from him. Haha. :P

paintluver 12-25-2011 02:13 PM

A lot of ladies at my barn got Romeo and me lovely gifts. Romeo got a bunch of treats!

sarahkgamble 12-25-2011 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brighteyes (Post 1279259)
I've gotten some purple Woof all purpose boots, two new saddle pads (a black one and a white one!), a cooler, and a dressage whip. My grandparents haven't gotten over to the house yet, so I may get one or two little things from them. I'm happy! :D

I asked for a black saddle pad and a Roma navy/yellow reversible one. I only got the Roma, but since it's reversible, it's like 2 saddle pads in one. :)

sarahkgamble 12-25-2011 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kitten_Val (Post 1279263)
I have B-day/X-mas combined, so I got 2 pairs of winter breeches and nice tall leather boots from my parents (I did chose all that myself, as I'm hard to fit in all places), and non-slip dressage pad from my friend. Very happy, because that's what I really wanted.

Sweet!

Since I don't compete anymore, I just wear jeans and half chaps when I ride. But I really would like to start wearing breeches again. Especially winter ones. Too bad I didn't think to put them on my list!

AQHA13 12-25-2011 03:02 PM

I didn't get any horsey christmas presents... I feel like I already have most things I need. So, I kiddingly told my parents I wanted a pistol to carry with me while riding. Well, they agreed that while riding by myself in the mountains and canyons and stuff I should have some protection other than a pocket knife and I am now the proud owner of a smith and Wesson M&P40c!!
I'm very excited! :) My dad is a former police officer so he's taught me how to shoot, clean and safely use them already!