The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   General Off Topic Discussion (http://www.horseforum.com/general-off-topic-discussion/)
-   -   What do you do with your left over turkey? (http://www.horseforum.com/general-off-topic-discussion/what-do-you-do-your-left-107239/)

DuffyDuck 12-25-2011 06:17 PM

What do you do with your left over turkey?

Seriously guys!

I am sat here finishing off the bottle of champagne alone -hiccup- and thinking not even half of the 5.5kg turkey went this evening!! What do you all do with the left overs? This is what we usually do!

Turkey and ham pie (ham left over from Christmas eve)
Turkey curry
Turkey sandwiches
Turkey and home made chips
Stock from the carcass and frozen for when required
Fatty bits to the dogs
Liver to the dogs
Neck makes gravy
Heart was accidently binned this year otherwise the woofers would have had that too.

Any other ideas before I get tired of turkey??!!

Jake and Dai 12-25-2011 06:23 PM

I had some turkey scraps left over from Thanksgiving that I had frozen. One night last week, not having a clue what to make for dinner...I sautéed some garlic in oil, threw in the turkey (chopped small), tossed some salt, black pepper and red pepper in and stirred it all around. I also steamed some broccoli, and made some pasta. I added the broccoli to the turkey pan, tossed it a bit to coat, then dumped it on top of the pasta. DH loved it! Go figure!

DuffyDuck 12-25-2011 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jake and Dai (Post 1279501)
I had some turkey scraps left over from Thanksgiving that I had frozen. One night last week, not having a clue what to make for dinner...I sautéed some garlic in oil, threw in the turkey (chopped small), tossed some salt, black pepper and red pepper in and stirred it all around. I also steamed some broccoli, and made some pasta. I added the broccoli to the turkey pan, tossed it a bit to coat, then dumped it on top of the pasta. DH loved it! Go figure!

Now I need to go raid my fridge.. you made me super hungry xD

Fave foods of mine : Patsa& Garlic.

Good idea though, thanks :D

Jake and Dai 12-25-2011 06:28 PM

Any time Duffy. Garlic & oil goes with just about anything. I have a turkey breast roasting as we speak with brussel sprouts tossed in oil n' large chunks of garlic.

The champagne is cooling with a bottle of cassis ready for Kir Royales after for dessert. ;)

DuffyDuck 12-25-2011 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jake and Dai (Post 1279505)
Any time Duffy. Garlic & oil goes with just about anything. I have a turkey breast roasting as we speak with brussel sprouts tossed in oil n' large chunks of garlic.

The champagne is cooling with a bottle of cassis ready for Kir Royales after for dessert. ;)

I know.. mega fan. Might throw some stuffing in too... -drools- SO HUNGRY. Think I'll have to settle for a peanut butter sandwhich tonight as its nearly 1am here!

I'm just finishing the bottle of champagne.. after the wine, the time warp, the ameretto... ohdear :rofl:

Jake and Dai 12-25-2011 06:48 PM

I haz a major sad as I forgot the stuffing. I make homemade for Thanksgiving but was going all pre-made this time. I don't have enough bread in the house to make the homemade now. Sigh....

After dinner will be eggnog martinis made with Kahualua (sp?)

It's gonna be hard going waking up tomorrow. LOL

DuffyDuck 12-25-2011 06:51 PM

D: -hands over stuffing- not to rub it in but mum and I made two types.. rofl, I ate loads >:D

eggnog. bleugh. GROSS. We sat down with a movie.. and dad and I polished off what was open really, but I agree

tomorrow is going to be a long, hard, painful day xD

Jake and Dai 12-25-2011 06:54 PM

Thanks for the stuffing....and thank goodness it didn't get confiscated as a dangerous substance!

I have vanilla vodka I can mix with your Kahlua...(jeez I've not a clue how to spell that bloody word!).

My kid and I have started on the Kir Royales...before dinner. It's an apertif...yeah...that's it. An apertif.

DuffyDuck 12-25-2011 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jake and Dai (Post 1279528)
Thanks for the stuffing....and thank goodness it didn't get confiscated as a dangerous substance!

I have vanilla vodka I can mix with your Kahlua...(jeez I've not a clue how to spell that bloody word!).

My kid and I have started on the Kir Royales...before dinner. It's an apertif...yeah...that's it. An apertif.

LOL you're welcome :3

VANILLA VODKA. you can come and party here. My dad and I loved the smirnoff espresso vodka.. but shotting it xD And I'm not talking one sip, or one glass either o.0

That reminds me of 'I like to cook with wine.. sometimes I even add it to the food' :lol:

Jake and Dai 12-25-2011 07:08 PM

I have to have a glass of wine at hand whilst cooking. It is de rigueur!