The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Talk (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/)
-   -   Need a new pair of boots (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/need-new-pair-boots-107330/)

ALittleBitOfSaint 12-26-2011 08:45 PM

Need a new pair of boots

So I had a pair of Men's Ariat Cowboy boots that have lasted me YEARS! I used them for all sorts of riding, mucking out the barn, and just wearing around. Well my dad being the clean freak he is, decided that he was going to power wash them. Now they no longer keep water and mud out and are orange (I KID YOU NOT!).

SO, I need a new pair of boots, but we have decided that they will not be used for doing chores. Does anyone know of a brand that has good looking cowboy boots that are comfortable (and relatively inexpensive)?

caseymyhorserocks 12-26-2011 10:45 PM

I adore Ariat riding boots, so maybe some Ariat cowboy boots like here, they are not the cheapest boots in the world, but they will probably last a long time!
Women's Western Cowboy Boots | Ariat

kitten_Val 12-27-2011 11:49 AM

I'd check local Tractor Supply. They usually carry bunch of different "cowboy" boots.

VT Trail Trotters 12-27-2011 05:17 PM

Ariat are the best!

amp23 12-27-2011 09:07 PM

I have a pair of Tony Lama boots that I LOVE! I searched around and found them for only $80 online. I've worn them through mud, sand, marsh, saltwater, and everything gross at my barn and work (which is beach trail rides) for months and they're still in good condition as well as waterproof. I've walked up to about ten miles in them in one day and my feet never got sore.

SorrelHorse 12-27-2011 09:09 PM

Ariat all the way. I have a pair of typical round toe cowboy boots (Not entirely sure what model, they were a hand-me-down.) and they are the most comfortable things! I also have some ariat paddock boots, and some ariat fatbabys!

amp23 12-27-2011 10:12 PM

Sorry for the double post, but these are the ones I have:
Tony Lama Stars Women's Peanut Maverick Boot | QC Supply

I absolutely love them! I have spent some long days at work in them and never felt uncomfortable.

Country Woman 12-27-2011 10:33 PM

Hope you get the proper boots you need