The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Riding (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-riding/)
-   -   Need your Encouragement yet again please (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-riding/need-your-encouragement-yet-again-please-107444/)

waresbear 12-27-2011 09:48 PM

Need your Encouragement yet again please

Ok, I am over the flu, there is only a few inches of snow on the ground and one of my horses is really itching to go for a ride, so.....I usually don't ride in December until March but it's been mild so I need all of you to tell me to get out there and go for a ride. Last time I posted something like this was in the summer & I was gonna beg off going to a horseshow with my daughter, but you all talked me into going. Appreciate that, need it one more time please?

MyBoyPuck 12-27-2011 09:51 PM

Get your butt off the couch and go riding dammit!!! That work for ya? Seriously, I do not know of any circumstances that cannot be made better by going for a good ride.

SorrelHorse 12-27-2011 09:54 PM

Go riding. Winter weather is the time to dress up like a marshmallow in a snow suit and run through the snow... like a boss.

mildot 12-27-2011 09:54 PM

Do you have an indoor arena available?

I could not imagine not riding through the winter.

Edit: I prefer riding outdoors even in winter, but right now both our trails and outdoor arenas are mud bogs and swamps.

This rain has got to stop......

waresbear 12-27-2011 09:54 PM

Right on thanks! Actually I rarely sit on the couch, I go do kickboxing instead, but I really need to cut a trail in the arena before we get more snow.

waresbear 12-27-2011 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mildot (Post 1282364)
Do you have an indoor arena available?

I could not imagine not riding through the winter.

No indoor arena, if I did, I wouldn't need your words of encouragement. If the snow is too deep, I don't ride, period. Horses hate it & so do it but it's only 4 inches out there.

mildot 12-27-2011 09:58 PM

How deep is too deep?

uii 12-27-2011 09:59 PM

Is it a wet snow, or a dry snow?

waresbear 12-27-2011 10:00 PM

Hmmm, I would saw a foot or more, too bouncy jumping through that. When I say one horse is itching to go, I see the other guy (my showhorse), hiding, he hates, abhors any kind of riding in snow, he pouts. His sire on the other hand, doesn't mind a short hack in medium snow.

waresbear 12-27-2011 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by uii (Post 1282376)
Is it a wet snow, or a dry snow?

Dry snow, this is the Cariboo, high altitude, nose bleed type dry.