The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Talk (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/)
-   -   Vacation Rentals, Bed and Breakfast and Horse Boarding (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/vacation-rentals-bed-breakfast-horse-boarding-10759/)

woman_in_shoe 06-29-2008 02:28 AM

Vacation Rentals, Bed and Breakfast and Horse Boarding

My husband and I are discussing if there would be any interest in either a vacation rental or a bed and breakfast where people could bring their horses?
One location that we have considered would be on a beautiful Island that does have horse trails, but would be a few miles from where we might live an horses would have to be trailered to the trails. We could live closer to the horse trails but then we would not have a view of the water. There are beautiful towns close by with all sorts of trendy shops and galleries. Golfing and all sorts of other non horse ammenities and activities as well.

Our other option would be in the foothills of a beautiful mountain range,

We would offer either a bed and breakfast, vacation rental or camping with stabling for the horses. The guests would have to care for their own horses.

Which would sound more appealing to the readers or is this something that there is no need of? What do the readers think of our ideas?

Rachluvshorses4eva 06-29-2008 03:11 AM

Sorry, but this doesn't go here...
Try to the Horse Classifieds or the 'General' part of the HF. :lol:

ilovemyhorsies 06-29-2008 04:03 AM

i think this is a good idea....

woman_in_shoe 06-29-2008 04:09 AM

Any suggestions as to what you think would make it attractive to horse owners?

woman_in_shoe 06-29-2008 04:13 AM

Just a note, I have moved the posting to the general section. Thanks for the heads up. It was late and didn't pay attention to what I was doing. It is still late and I should go to bed but it is to hot! The island has a fantastic salt water view of ocean going ships and all sorts of wildlife. Which is why we would want to have a property with a view and not right by the horse trails. Would trailoring be a problem it the trade off was a heavenly view?