The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Grooming (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-grooming/)
-   -   New grooming products! (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-grooming/new-grooming-products-107664/)

sarahkgamble 12-29-2011 02:32 PM

New grooming products!

Yesterday I bought a Slick 'N Easy block and Eqyss Marigold Rehydration Spray.
Anyone use these products and can tell me if they're good or not? I've only heard good things about the Slick 'N Easy and the Eqyss spray smells AMAZING and is for detangling and shine. :)

cakemom 12-29-2011 03:18 PM

We use them both! Two of my favorite grooming tools.
Posted via Mobile Device

sarahkgamble 12-29-2011 03:34 PM

So they work good? Awesome!

Also, since the Marigold spray smells so good, does it attract flies real bad? I read on the label that you should use it especially during the summer months, but I'm a little concerned about it attracting pests! Haha. I figured since it's a horse product, you'd think that they would have something in it that repels bugs, but you never know. :P

huntrjumprjenn 12-29-2011 10:49 PM

I am obsessed with the Marigold spray and have used it for two seasons now. I have never noticed an unusual amount of flies drawn to my horse. The smell is so good that I wish I could use it on my hair!

MHFoundation Quarters 12-29-2011 11:06 PM

Love slick n easy blocks. If you want to save some money, go to a restaurant supply type of place (here there is gordon food service & sysco) and buy a grill cleaning block like restaurants use to clean flat top grills. They are the same exact thing but the block costs about $2 and you can use a hack saw & cut 8-10 out of one :)

waresbear 12-29-2011 11:13 PM

Griddle blocks are awesome & cheap! A lady at our riding club works at a restaurant, she buys these in bulk & cuts them up & gives them out as gifts at our year end awards. I will admit to buying grooming products just for the smell, Grand Champion Pepi smells like sweet candies.

MHFoundation Quarters 12-29-2011 11:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by waresbear (Post 1285568)
I will admit to buying grooming products just for the smell, Grand Champion Pepi smells like sweet candies.

Me too. Love the way Pepi smells! Another favorite, Kool Lube spray for clippers.

waresbear 12-29-2011 11:24 PM

Kool lube? Never noticed, I have some too, now I am gonna hafta spray some & sniff it, lol.

sarahkgamble 12-30-2011 01:00 AM

I used both the spray and the block for the first time today, so here's another question.. How do you guys use these products? Like what are your routines when using them?

waresbear 12-30-2011 01:06 AM

I haven't used the spray as I haven't seen it here but griddle blocks I used for shedding in the spring. Works like a hot dang!