The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Tack and Equipment (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-tack-equipment/)
-   -   Barrel saddles and brands (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-tack-equipment/barrel-saddles-brands-107790/)

OuttatheBlue 12-30-2011 03:48 PM

Barrel saddles and brands

The person who leases my horse is wanting to do a few games in the fair, I've always used my all around no-name saddle when we ran for fun; but now that I'm upgrading my every day saddle I'm wondering how much different it would be to get a barrel saddle.

Would it affect your equitation at all? (Sit you in a wrong spot/etc.) I would be practicing everything in it (we do flat classes, pleasure, patterns, trail, etc.)

On a related note what do you all think about Courts brand saddles? I think I remembered hearing good things about them, but it was a while ago and my mind is rusty. What would a good used courts run for?

jumanji321 12-30-2011 04:00 PM

There's quite a few reviews on harse tack review for different models and all have at least 4/5. Try looking for a model you want and then checking to see if it has a review available. I personally have never heard of that brand.

OuttatheBlue 12-30-2011 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jumanji321 (Post 1286476)
There's quite a few reviews on harse tack review for different models and all have at least 4/5. Try looking for a model you want and then checking to see if it has a review available. I personally have never heard of that brand.

I haven't heard of them either, except possibly hearing the name years before. I love my Billy Cooks and Circle Y's so I want something of similar quality, but I'm not opposed to other brands :)

There was one for sale in my area in my price range that looked nice, which was why I asked about the brand. It says it's a 2000 Sharon Camarill, so I guess I'll go search that on horse tack review! Any personal experiences with the brand would be appreciated