The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Protection (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-protection/)
-   -   Are you pro-slaughter? POLL (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-protection/you-pro-slaughter-poll-108010/)

Taffy Clayton 01-01-2012 07:29 PM

Are you pro-slaughter? POLL

I have read many posts stating that Horse Forum is mainly pro-slaughter or that anti-slaughter members will get no sympathy here.
One poster even stated that Horse Forum was a pro-slaughter forum.

Let's find out.

I'll vote first.

Golden Horse 01-01-2012 07:36 PM

I'm pro, the lesser of two evils. I'm also pro not needing to have slaughter, but you need to find a way of vastly reducing numbers befor ethat can happen.

lacyloo 01-01-2012 08:14 PM

I vote that we change the Title, "Horse Slaughter" to "Equine processing".
Just as we would say for any livestock.
I don't see the point in letting a bunch of lame/older/aggressive horses sit in a pasture to live out their lives heavily medicated or left to suffer.
Euthanize or Auction.

So yes, Pro.

Kimmylikestojump 01-01-2012 08:20 PM

I'm Pro-Slaughter.

bsms 01-01-2012 08:23 PM

I voted yes, largely because I think it is a choice between being pro-"US Slaughter" or pro-"Send 'em to Mexico Slaughter". I prefer to keep it local and keep it regulated.

Silent one 01-01-2012 09:03 PM

Pro here, for lots of reasons already wonderfully expressed on this forum by others.

maura 01-01-2012 09:31 PM

Nope, I refuse to call myself pro-slaughter. It's not like I get up in the morning and say, "Geez, I'm bored. Maybe I'll go kill some horses, that'll be fun and good clean entertainment. Yeah, that's it. I just really like killing horses."

I am a realist that accepts that for now; responsible, regulated slaughter is a sad necessity until we change attitudes about breeding.

I don't consider that pro-slaughter.

bubba13 01-01-2012 09:32 PM

Anti-alternative. Not pro-slaughter. Not voting.

FreeDestiny 01-01-2012 09:46 PM

I think I'm on a side of, I don't like the idea of slaughter, but I'd rather it than horses starve or be neglected. So I'm neither pro nor anti-slaughter.
Posted via Mobile Device

Druydess 01-01-2012 11:55 PM

I am anti-slaughter in large part because it, in every case I've witnessed, is inhumane. Morally I can not support it.