The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Talk (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/)
-   -   The Queen's New Year Ride on Fell pony (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/queens-new-year-ride-fell-pony-108121/)

Fellpony 01-02-2012 05:03 PM

The Queen's New Year Ride on Fell pony

I hope I am still riding and enjoying horses at her age :) She is a great advert for our British Native Breeds :) Fell her Majesty is riding and Highland the groom is riding :D

Thought you might like to see it :lol:

Queen's dynamic start to the new year as she rides out at Sandringham | Mail Online

bsms 01-02-2012 05:30 PM

Good for her!

Equus_girl 01-02-2012 05:35 PM

Good for her! That is awesome she's still riding at her age.

Fellpony 01-02-2012 05:36 PM

Some info on the breed for anyone who is interested, These are an ancient Native breed also on the rare breeds list. After all I do have to promote them he he I own two :)

The Fell Pony Society

The Fell Pony Society of North America (FPSNA) Welcome

gunslinger 01-02-2012 06:37 PM

Good for her!

My guess is this will cause quite a stir with the "must wear a helmet" crowd.

Fellpony 01-02-2012 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gunslinger (Post 1290308)
Good for her!

Always does. Though the Queen is always on horseback in a headscarf in all the photos I can remember

waresbear 01-02-2012 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gunslinger (Post 1290308)
Good for her!

Not from me, I was kinda hoping she'd get dumped on her. I am against royalty totally, imagine being "special" because you are born into it? Unfreakin' real in this day & age.

Equus_girl 01-02-2012 09:22 PM

^^ I dunno, I wouldn't hope she'd get thrown off her horse. She at least has shown dignity through her reign. You won't hear of her doing scandalous things. It's a lot better than having Charles as King! She is very "duty driven". Some of the other members of her family are a little different however! Ahem!

I don't think monarchy is too real in this day and age either, however I don't see it being abolished any time real soon. Maybe at least William and Catherine will more modernize the monarchy and make it a bit more real and down to earth to the people. They certainly seem like that type.

Anyhow, she's only a figure head in Canada, so I don't think we have to worry too much about it. But they can be interesting at times.

waresbear 01-02-2012 09:26 PM

I was kidding about the thrown part, she's a very good horsewoman, I respect her for that over all else she had done. Only for that reason, would I bow to her.

tinyliny 01-03-2012 12:50 AM

She has lovely hands on the reins and looks very natural in the saddle. Eightyfive! That is awesome. I would bow to her strength of spirit. or tip my hat at least. She does not have an easy life.