The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Talk (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/)
-   -   What did You End Up With? (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/what-did-you-end-up-108155/)

csimkunas6 01-02-2012 09:00 PM

What did You End Up With?

I was thinking about this today.....how many of you guys actually got the horse you always thought you would?

LOL, for me all I wanted was a solid, non flashy bay TB, or QH. I didnt want flashy markings, as I was never a fan, and chestnut was my least favorite color. So, what did I end up with? An APHA chestnut overo gelding. LOL, at least I did get the gender correct!

What about you guys?

Klassic Superstar 01-02-2012 09:03 PM

Iv had a few horses, iv loved each and everyone tons. But this guy ollie, he has my heart, I never thought I would be able to own a wb. He may be a small guy but he is indeed a WB.

He's everything iv ever wanted!

OuttatheBlue 01-02-2012 09:05 PM

I always wanted a draft. A HUGE draft. I ended up with a pretty thick boned paint and have been happy with that :) He's been everything I wanted and more

Winter Solstice 01-02-2012 09:06 PM

When I was younger I always wanted a horse exactly like the one in The Black Stallion. I wanted a horse that was big, strong and full of spirit.

Needless to say, my first horse was a small, older non-flashy rescued Quarter Horse mare whom I loved beyond reason. I didn't care that she wasn't my black stallion.

I now own my dream horse. She isn't the stallion, but her attitude and fierce spirit symbolizes it. She is spirited, but very, very sweet. I love her personality. Her and I have had an amazing time together so far and I hope to own her until the day that she dies. <3

CecilliaB 01-02-2012 09:06 PM

Aidan is exactly what I always wanted and exactly what I was looking for. Only thing He doesn't have the most motivated work ethic in the arena. Loves trails and fox hunting though!

HarleyWood 01-02-2012 09:06 PM

ive gotten most of the horses i wanted the only problem with 2 were their size, they are a bit short. the only horse missing is an Appy gelding. but i got not one but 2 paints and my QH! ive owned a TB. A clyd/TB, TWH, QH, QH/Arab, Paint, Mustang.

Phantomcolt18 01-02-2012 09:08 PM

When I was recently looking for horses I didn't want a chestnut or bay. And my barn owner said I could only get a gelding. Also I wanted a registered QH or paint horse. Then I found Lily and all that went buh bye. She is a mare(very sweet one at that), she is a chestnut, and she has no papers but we think she's a QH/arabian mix(which is fine by me!). Wouldn't trade her for anything right now though. She's proving to be a very smart and talented 2 year old....by talented I mean she figured out how to untie herself already from a leadline AND a trailer tie, looks like I'm gonna have to teach this one to ground tie =P

She DOES hoever have the personality I wanted in a horse. ANd now I find myself a fan of chestnuts =P

Roperchick 01-02-2012 09:09 PM

my dream horse was a palomino qh stallion.....got some kind of mutant giant palomino gelding so i guess i got it!

waresbear 01-02-2012 09:10 PM

I am not too big on color (go figure, I own paints), I personally love a bay. But I wanted a larger, all around horse capable of jumping and that is what I have. I wanted a QH or a stock type so breeding stock paint for my showhorse is fine. Now when my horse is retired (in about 15 yrs), I am thinking I will want a bay Arab, but you can't ride color. So an Arab that will go the way I want it, will be my next show horse. Color is a just bonus, how the horse rides is way more important.

Walkamile 01-02-2012 09:15 PM

csimkunas66 , like you I also ended up with a horse of a color I'm luke warm over, except it's not one but two! Not to mention their almost none existent manes! Yes......... I have two appys. :lol:

But , what they lack for in mane and color , they have more then made up for in intelligence and temperment.

So, I would say, I have the horse I always wanted, both of them! :wink: