The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Meet the Community (http://www.horseforum.com/meet-community/)
-   -   New from Oregon. (: (http://www.horseforum.com/meet-community/new-oregon-108158/)

Winter Solstice 01-02-2012 08:31 PM

New from Oregon. (:

Hello,

I'm new to the Horse Forum. I'm enjoying the site so far and I must say that this is a lovely, and helpful place. I'm learning quite a bit. I'll definitely reference my friends to this site.

I'm a twenty-one year old mother of a beautiful daughter. I'm attending college in Oregon. My degree is Criminology. I plan to be involved in law enforcement, whether a police officer or a forensic scientist, I'm not sure.

My husband and I have two wonderful horses. I own a 9 year old National Show Horse mare, registered Half-Arabian under the name Kisthis. I'm currently riding her on trails, but I plan to do endurance riding and/or English.

My husband has a 4 year old American Quarter Horse that we rescued from an abusive situation. Her name is Cat Zan Hickory. She is timid, but has a very sweet disposition. She was started wrong and we're working on undoing the harm that has been done to her. She is coming along great!

Anyway, just wanted to say hi! I'm a friendly person and enjoy conversation so feel free to drop me a line sometime. (:

Wallaby 01-02-2012 08:35 PM

Welcome to the forum!

I'm also from Oregon. Gresham, to be precise. :)

waresbear 01-02-2012 08:36 PM

Hello, welcome to the forum! Enjoy the great reads in here.

themacpack 01-02-2012 08:41 PM

Welcome!
What part of OR are you in? We hail from the NW originally - I was born/raised in Idaho, then moved to Oregon and DH is 100% Oregonian - still have family back there and really miss "home".

tinyliny 01-02-2012 08:53 PM

How nice to have you with us! You have certainly chosen a great career path. Always a place for that line of work (sadly).

Your horses sound wonderful and I suppose one day soon you will post some pics. Til then!

Caroline