The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Riding Critique (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-riding-critique/)
-   -   My first hunter classic! (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-riding-critique/my-first-hunter-classic-108161/)

justjump 01-02-2012 09:43 PM

My first hunter classic!

These are my first and second rounds of the Collection Hunter Classic held at AQHA's prestigious Gold Coast Circuit on 12/31/11. The course was 3' and surprisingly easy. Moose handled it great and was so responsive the entire time!

Let me know what you think of him. I've never really asked for opinions of him before so I figured it would be a nice change :)

We got 3rd over all over AQHA world champions, congress champions, and just a nice group of horses. So proud of him :)

Collection Hunter Classic Round 1 - YouTube

Collection Hunter Classic Round 2 - YouTube

He got a little fresh towards the end of my second round... Typical Moose :lol:

Oxer 01-02-2012 11:33 PM

My team rides the Gold Coast Circuit here in California (which we all loooove!!)
Your horse has a lovely rocking horse canter, beautiful changes, and a nice easy jump over fences. A hunter through and through!!

Great riding!

justjump 01-02-2012 11:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oxer (Post 1290787)
My team rides the Gold Coast Circuit here in California (which we all loooove!!)
Your horse has a lovely rocking horse canter, beautiful changes, and a nice easy jump over fences. A hunter through and through!!

Great riding!

Thanks so much! He's such a cool horse, I love him to death! :D

And I think it's a gold coast thing :)

Skyseternalangel 01-03-2012 12:24 AM

Beautiful!!!! I have a soft spot for hunters.

waresbear 01-03-2012 12:25 AM

I enjoyed your vids, thank you for posting.

justjump 01-03-2012 07:25 AM

Thanks everyone!! :)
Posted via Mobile Device

xoSonnyLove1234 01-03-2012 08:35 AM

I can't see much from the video, but it's the morning and my eyes are tired.
So I have no critique, just wanted to say that it looked like a wonderful round. Your horse is gorgeous, and is quite talented.
You should be proud of your ride, well done.

justjump 01-03-2012 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xoSonnyLove1234 (Post 1291161)
I can't see much from the video, but it's the morning and my eyes are tired.
So I have no critique, just wanted to say that it looked like a wonderful round. Your horse is gorgeous, and is quite talented.
You should be proud of your ride, well done.

Thanks so much! He really rose to the occasion for me and was so responsive. Love him to death :)
Posted via Mobile Device

justjump 01-03-2012 06:35 PM

Anyone else? :)

MudPaint 01-04-2012 12:31 AM

You have a great cadence in the the first video... serious envy here. lol. My only thought is to watch some of your fences that you come off the corner for (like the first one)... you wiggled a little side to side to and from the fence. Be sure to use your corners to your full advantage, bend your horse around them and balance. A couple of times you can see where your horse is counter bent. On this nice course, not such a big issue, but in vid 2 it shows up more.

Vid 2-- I love ... love ... love this course. You rode it pretty well. However you lost a little of your cadence because of the counter bend on the turns. On your turns (especially the tighter ones), sit back and lift your hands off the withers. Push him through the turn on his butt, rather than allowing him to plow through on his forehand. The rougher turns had you chasing some of the lines to make the striding. Which caused you to have to use your hands more, pinned ears, tossed head... all connected.

Your first class was spectacular... really nice to watch. Second course was more challenging and brought out your flaws, however, it was still a good round. I wonder what the other rides looked like. You guys look awesome though. I would have killed for courses like that when I showed Hunters.