The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Conformation Critique (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-conformation-critique/)
-   -   Please critique potential buy... (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-conformation-critique/please-critique-potential-buy-108230/)

dop 01-03-2012 02:51 PM

Please critique potential buy...

4 Attachment(s)
6 y.o. 15.3 dapple gray registered Thoroughbred mare. She's never been raced. Just looking to get opinions on her conformation. The pictures are not the greatest, I know, but please do the best you can. Thanks!

lubylol 01-03-2012 03:02 PM

She seems a little too chunky to be a thoroughbred. I see more quarter horse in her.
Posted via Mobile Device

Speed Racer 01-03-2012 03:12 PM

1 Attachment(s)
OP, the pictures are really too small, but what I do see is a rather straight shoulder, and there looks to be something going on with her hind fetlocks. I don't like the way her neck ties into her body, either.

Quote:

Originally Posted by lubylol (Post 1291762)
She seems a little too chunky to be a thoroughbred. I see more quarter horse in her.

There are chunky TBs out there. I happen to have one. Not all of them are long and lean.

What about this guy? Do you think he has any QH in him?

equiniphile 01-03-2012 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Speed Racer (Post 1291783)
What about this guy? Do you think he has any QH in him?

Secretariat, right?

Speed Racer 01-03-2012 03:45 PM

Yup, Secretariat. But since he's much beefier in this picture than when he was racing, he surely must have some QH in him, right? :rofl:

hiwaythreetwenty 01-03-2012 04:14 PM

Well since QH did come from TB it would be common to find some TB that are heavier built. But I do agree I don't particularly like her hind legs nor how her neck attaches. She seems thick and longer and in my opinion I don't find her to have a very attractive head. But on the plus she is more stout then your average tb and has a descent bone. What would you want to do with her?

jbolt 01-17-2012 11:58 PM

i dont like her back feet....is that called coon footed? also a very straight shoulder, and possibly ewenecked?

missnashvilletime 01-18-2012 12:04 AM

He's bowlegged in the back :-|, it seems to me, his back feet shouldn't point straight forward as they appear to.

CecilliaB 01-18-2012 07:07 AM

Allot of people think Aidan is an appendix or a WB lol..no, just big an chunky TB.

I like her, she looks nice and stout. BUT I have a huge problem with her back pasterns.

Kayty 01-18-2012 07:49 AM

Any chance of making those photo's a bit bigger?
Those hind legs are very suss.... unless it's just a couple of bad shots.... I would not touch the horse with a 40 foot barge pole if you intend on any kind of a serious ridden career with her.