The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   General Off Topic Discussion (http://www.horseforum.com/general-off-topic-discussion/)
-   -   'Password reset' ARGH (http://www.horseforum.com/general-off-topic-discussion/password-reset-argh-108304/)

DuffyDuck 01-04-2012 03:46 AM

'Password reset' ARGH

Does anyone fall foul of two weeks Christmas leave, and then forget ALL their passwords for work?!

Yeah. I can log in to my main computer. But the IMPORTANT SIDE OF THINGS- forgotten.

Convo went like this

'Hi there, so sorry but need to reset my password'
'Can you give me your service number?'
'Sure thing....'
'Okay, and to just confirm that you are blah blah, can you please answer this question- what is your faveourite food?'

I WAS LIKE OIJFUOEH I LIKE ALL FOOD HELLOOOOO.

So now I'm filling out forms to reset it :'( Was quite embarrassing.
I should have just phoned up and said I'm a mong, just send me the forms and save me the embarrassment of speaking outloud and mumbling how I can't remember a darn thing! :lol:

Roperchick 01-04-2012 03:54 AM

i have 6 passwords for work...not by choice....nsa n the military take their secrecy very seriously

DuffyDuck 01-04-2012 03:55 AM

ROFL I know, I work for the military too. I'm like, yup I can confirm I'm me...

ChingazMyBoy 01-04-2012 03:56 AM

This is why I have my school passwords the same as my password for Facebook & the same for HorseForum, etc.

Needless to say - If I get hacked, I'm really quite screwed! Hahah :) Thankfully, it's a bunch of digits and letters which mean something to me, but anyone else would be like -

Whaaat?

Roperchick 01-04-2012 04:01 AM

we have guidelines for what we have to have....2 uppercase 2 special characters etc.....its annoying.....to say the least......and when you get locked out you cant just say oh ill try again in alittle....no you have to go fill out paperwork, get yelled at by your 1sgt for wasting time from mission, and come up with another ridiculously long, ridiculously complicated password that youl probably forget.

ChingazMyBoy 01-04-2012 04:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roperchick (Post 1292915)
we have guidelines for what we have to have....2 uppercase 2 special characters etc.....its annoying.....to say the least......and when you get locked out you cant just say oh ill try again in alittle....no you have to go fill out paperwork, get yelled at by your 1sgt for wasting time from mission, and come up with another ridiculously long, ridiculously complicated password that youl probably forget.

I imagine your not allowed to write these passwords down as a note or anything in your phone?

At least at school we can just be all like -

'I forgot my password'

'What's your name?'

'Maddie R----'

'Oh yeah, the photo looks like you. Sure, you can reset!'

Roperchick 01-04-2012 04:10 AM

nope. we have to memorize it, but since we cant have the same password like ever and you always forget so you put in like 10 different "new" passwords and then forget which one to rememberr

DuffyDuck 01-04-2012 04:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roperchick (Post 1292920)
nope. we have to memorize it, but since we cant have the same password like ever and you always forget so you put in like 10 different "new" passwords and then forget which one to rememberr

Worst ones are our computer log ins, you don't get to choose it in the first place, so you have to remember it!

And the uppercase, lowercase, number and special digit ones... great...

OuttatheBlue 01-04-2012 02:20 PM

I can barely remember one password for my work! And it's really simple haha. I can't imagine having to remember six complicated different passwords off the top of my head!

TaMMa89 01-13-2012 01:10 PM

It happens :).

I wouldn't be that embarrassed, I'm sure that everyone forget these things every now and then.