The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Tack and Equipment (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-tack-equipment/)
-   -   List of online tack stores (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-tack-equipment/list-online-tack-stores-108370/)

My2Geldings 01-04-2012 06:34 PM

List of online tack stores

Hello everyone,
I am going to be looking at buying some tack, but not very happy with the local tack stores we have. I started to wonder what tack stores are online, but can't think of any that are easy to access.

Anyone willing to share some online links to some of the tack stores online you've been using?

Roperchick 01-04-2012 06:35 PM

horseloverz.com
and state line tack are my favorites

smrobs 01-04-2012 06:54 PM

www.valleyvet.com
www.nrsworld.com
www.horse.com

The first 2 have great quality stuff. The last, you have to be a bit more careful and really look at their stuff to tell the quality from the junk.

kitten_Val 01-04-2012 07:20 PM

^ agree with smrobs.

I use Dover (in person) for english stuff, but they have website: Dover Saddlery - Quality English Horse Tack & Horse Supplies for the Equestrian.

I also had very good experience (and deal breakers) at

Welcome To AdamsHorseSupplies
Victory Canter English Tack & Apparel
http://www.tackroominc.com/

Horse Supplements, Equestrian Clothing & Horse Tack - SmartPak is another one I buy stuff from.

DraftyAiresMum 01-04-2012 07:29 PM

The only site I've used so far is horse.com and I have to agree with smrobs...be careful with their quality. My friend bought a rope halter/bridle combo thing from them and not only did we have serious issues with getting it shipped (ordered it at the beginning of June and didn't receive it until almost the end of August!), but it was horrible quality. The two rope halters she ordered were great, though.

I ordered by bridle off eBay and, while it isn't the best quality, it works, the lady who sold it was helpful, and was a good price. Of course, I wasn't expecting it to be great quality for $40 including shipping, but I needed a draft-sized English bridle and am on a very tight budget, so, as the saying goes, "Beggars can't be choosers."

Evansk 01-04-2012 07:29 PM

Jeffers Equine
Horse Supplies, Dewormers, Equine Supplements & Tack - Horse.com
Saddles Tack Horse Supplies - ChickSaddlery.com
www.sstack.com
www.smithbrothers.com
Teskey's Saddle Shop: Saddles, Tack and Western Wear

capercowgirl 01-04-2012 07:39 PM

Pleasant Ridge Saddlery & Western Wear

It is a Canadian store, with very cheap shipping if you live in Canada:D

sarahkgamble 01-04-2012 07:44 PM

I've always used horse.com, Stateline Tack (is it or isn't it the same thing as horse.com? I've always wondered..), or Dover.

I absolutely LOVE horse.com, everything I've ever ordered has come fast and been good quality. I guess it all depends though.

Smart Pak Equine is also real good, they can be pricey though.

VT Trail Trotters 01-04-2012 08:49 PM

The Cheshire Horse | Tack, Apparel, Feed, & Supplies

waresbear 01-04-2012 09:03 PM

I like this place for grooming supplies, esp. for wormers & blanket, hoods etc. I live in Canada so I have to be careful who ships with UPS or Fedex, those thieves charge an illegal brokerage fee of $100 & over. So I have to order from places that use USPS
Pet Meds | Dog Supplies | Pet Supplies | Pet Products | Pet Supply