The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Conformation Critique (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-conformation-critique/)
-   -   Rescue, New Today, Confo Please! (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-conformation-critique/rescue-new-today-confo-please-108399/)

nherridge 01-04-2012 09:57 PM

Rescue, New Today, Confo Please!

She was a rescue I took on today, out of no where.
Said to be 2 years old, turning 3 in March. They say.
They also say she is an Arab and has papers from a previous owner and do not know how to get them. She looks Arab, to me.

Desperately needs her feet done and is in quarantine, until the vet comes out.
She has been wormed and is slowly being weaned off her CRAP sweet feed and on to Dumor All Stages. Unless you can suggest a better feed? I think she is cow hocked in the back a little, but other than that looks good and has a lot of growing to do.

Any other comments welcome.
newhorse11 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Scroll through the pics, tried to get some confo ones.

Her name is Rosebud, any advice on new name?
What colors would look good on her?
I like hunter green :) do any disciplines jump out at you when you see her?

waresbear 01-04-2012 10:01 PM

She looks like Arab to me too. I am not going to critique her as I find the picture out of whack for me. Overall, I like her.

DraftyAiresMum 01-04-2012 10:06 PM

I'd say she's an arab. Holy sharkfin withers, Batman! lol She also has a very mischievous face.

As for her conformation...

It's hard to tell 'cuz she's not squared-up in most of the pics, but it looks like she toes out in the front and is seriously cow-hocked (or maybe just toes out a lot?) in the back. She might be a little sickle-hocked. It's hard to tell 'cuz she's not standing square.

As far as colors go...hunter might be nice on her. I actually kind of like the aqua that her halter is on her, though.

nherridge 01-04-2012 10:06 PM

If you scroll through the pictures, there are several. Maybe that will help?
I am no pro on crits, but nothing pops out very bad to me minus her cow hocked leggys.

nherridge 01-04-2012 10:09 PM

Yes, her topline and hind needs a lot of work.
With groceries and muscles, she will look better.

waresbear 01-04-2012 10:12 PM

She is splayed out in most of the pics. She is only 2, she has a lot of growing to do yet. She is a cute little mare, I would own her.

nherridge 01-04-2012 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by waresbear (Post 1294268)
She is splayed out in most of the pics. She is only 2, she has a lot of growing to do yet. She is a cute little mare, I would own her.

Will growing and filling out help the splaying problem?
Or is that just her stature? Can it be corrected?

DraftyAiresMum 01-04-2012 10:20 PM

I think waresbear is referring to the fact that she's not squared up and is all splayed out (her feet are in all different places/angles, not standing "nice and pretty" with her feet even with each other, front and back).

grayshell38 01-04-2012 10:21 PM

Do you have the name of the owner that supposedly has her papers? If so, you may be able to get them. Or do you have names of sire and dam?

nherridge 01-04-2012 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by grayshell38 (Post 1294288)
Do you have the name of the owner that supposedly has her papers? If so, you may be able to get them. Or do you have names of sire and dam?

I am going to push for answers, but the people I got her from do not know much of horses at all. I just got her out of her situation,