The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Talk (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/)
-   -   Searching for horse registration info?? (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/searching-horse-registration-info-108468/)

amymarie57 01-05-2012 06:13 PM

Searching for horse registration info??

To keep things short the horse I've been taking lessons on for the past year and a half is up for sale. I'm curious to see his pedigree and what information these registries have to offer.

Prince is half Arabian and half Lipizzaner, his owner says he is registered as "Nightly Eclipse" either under the half-arabian registry or the half lipazzaner registery (if there even is one)??

Anytime I try the half-arabian website it tells me I need to subscribe and all of this. I feel like I'm searching it wrong :?. Can anyone please direct me to any information on him?

If he's not searchable maybe it is Knightly Eclipse with a "K" :shock: but I assumed it wasn't.

I appreciate your help, thankyou :D

xxGallopxx 01-05-2012 06:35 PM

Try this place: All Breed Pedigree Query I search horses there all the time!

amymarie57 01-05-2012 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xxGallopxx (Post 1295517)
Try this place: All Breed Pedigree Query I search horses there all the time!

Thankyou for your help!

I searched for both Nightly Eclipse and Knightly Eclipse in there and he still didn't come up :-(

xxGallopxx 01-05-2012 06:46 PM

I searched it too but didn't find anything... UGH I hate it when the internet won't cooperate!

grayshell38 01-05-2012 06:50 PM

You need to pay a subscription fee to view the AHA database,but there are quite a few people willing to do look ups for free on this site: Arabian Horse Research - Arabian Horse Breeders Network

Good luck and keep us updated!

amymarie57 01-05-2012 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xxGallopxx (Post 1295531)
I searched it too but didn't find anything... UGH I hate it when the internet won't cooperate!

I know me too! I thought it'd be as easy as typing in his name but the Half Arab registry isn't cooperating, and I'm having a really hard time finding a search engine within the Lipizzaner registry. AH I feel so dumb :oops:

amymarie57 01-05-2012 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by grayshell38 (Post 1295536)
You need to pay a subscription fee to view the AHA database,but there are quite a few people willing to do look ups for free on this site: Arabian Horse Research - Arabian Horse Breeders Network

Good luck and keep us updated!

Thankyou so much! I just signed up for that forum and am hoping someone will do the free lookup for me! *crosses fingers* I'll keep ya posted for sure!

bubba13 01-05-2012 09:16 PM

Why not just ask the owner for a copy of his papers?

amymarie57 01-06-2012 08:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bubba13 (Post 1295852)
Why not just ask the owner for a copy of his papers?

I was expecting it to be a quick lookup on the internet but you're right I should just ask for copies it'll be much easier.