The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Tack and Equipment Classifieds (http://www.horseforum.com/tack-equipment-classifieds/)
-   -   Need thoughts on a few saddles (http://www.horseforum.com/tack-equipment-classifieds/need-thoughts-few-saddles-108593/)

amp23 01-06-2012 09:22 PM

Need thoughts on a few saddles

Considering bidding on this saddle... Any thoughts or blatant reasons I shouldn't even consider it?

eBay - New & used electronics, cars, apparel, collectibles, sporting goods & more at low prices

Also just thinking about these few:
1. eBay - New & used electronics, cars, apparel, collectibles, sporting goods & more at low prices
2. eBay - New & used electronics, cars, apparel, collectibles, sporting goods & more at low prices
3. eBay - New & used electronics, cars, apparel, collectibles, sporting goods & more at low prices
4. eBay - New & used electronics, cars, apparel, collectibles, sporting goods & more at low prices

All thoughts or opinions are greatly appreciated! :)

tinyliny 01-06-2012 10:34 PM

heck, it depends on your needs. Those saddles had really different seat shapes. What would you be using it for? What are you used to?
AND, what is your budget? The Stubben might start at $100,. but it wont' stay there.

amp23 01-06-2012 10:49 PM

Trails and some jumping. Budget is about 400 but could spend slightly more for the right one. I'm still learning about saddles so I don't see a TON of difference between them all, though I know they aren't all the same..

amp23 01-06-2012 10:54 PM

I've ridden in different styles of saddles at my barn and never noticed being more or less comfortable in different ones, as long as the saddle fits my longer leg.

kitten_Val 01-06-2012 10:58 PM

I liked #4 the most. With HDRs it really depends. I've seen one of the last models in Dover and it was very nice. However I've also seen very junky HDRs. So one of the brands you have to be careful about.

I'd definitely look into M Toulouse and Stubben.

BornToRun 01-06-2012 11:06 PM

If you don't plan on doing any showing in it, I would go for one of the HDR's. They're fairly inexpensive, but still comfortable. My friend and I used jump in hers all the time. If you did want to do some showing in it, then I'd change my answer to the Collegiate jumper.

amp23 01-07-2012 12:01 AM

Okay second time trying to type this reply on my iPod..

Kitten, excuse my reply on my other thread regarding asking for your opinion on this thread :) I'm also looking around for M Toulouse and Stubben but ive found that pretty much all of them are out of my price range. :(

BornToRun, I will look around and compare HDR's some more. I love the Collegiate saddles we have at my barn so I'm looking into them for sure. Found one I loveddd but it had a wide tree :(
Posted via Mobile Device

Dreamcatcher Arabians 01-07-2012 12:27 AM

See if you can find a Wintec 2000. It has long skirts and a fairly deep seat with the benefit of having a changeable gullet. I don't normally care for a dressage type saddle, generally prefer the flatter seat of a jumping saddle, but I rode a friend's Wintec 2000 and LOVED it. A used one in good condition should be in your price range.

kitten_Val 01-07-2012 09:05 AM

Collegiate is a nice saddle as well. I had one (unfortunately too small for my butt) and it was a very nice fit (and nicely made). Between the Collegiate, Wintec and HDR I'd definitely go with Collegiate.

amp23 01-07-2012 09:29 AM

This may sound like a dumb question, but how hard is it to switch out the gullets in a wintec?