The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Hobbies (http://www.horseforum.com/hobbies/)
-   -   Reading... (http://www.horseforum.com/hobbies/reading-108705/)

CLaPorte432 01-07-2012 11:32 PM

Reading...

893 Attachment(s)
I'm a huge book nerd. So my dad calls me anyways...

What are some of your favorite books and do you have anything that you recommend to read? I'm a helpless romantic when it comes to my read style. I love romance books...

I'm always looking for something.

Some of my favorite authors are...

Catherine Anderson
Sharon Sala
Bella Andre
Linda Lael Miller

tinyliny 01-07-2012 11:35 PM

I never heard of any of those authors.

I just finished "The Half Made World" (sci fi), read "The Hunger Games" a while back and now reading "The Eighty Dollar Champion", about the carthorse turned 1958 national jumping champ named "Snowman".

InStyle 01-08-2012 12:16 AM

Finished the 'millenium trilogy'.
Anything that is by Malcom Gladwell
The help, any true crime, Stephen king, the shopaholic series. So a little of anything.

I also haven't heard of those authors, are they romance writers ?

And I think I am going to go find and read the eighty dollar champion now :D
Posted via Mobile Device

cakemom 01-08-2012 01:11 AM

I just read the 80$ Champion. A really good read.
Posted via Mobile Device

DraftyAiresMum 01-08-2012 01:20 AM

I'm reading "The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society" by Mary Ann Shaffer and Annie Burrows right now. It is an amazing book. I would recommend it to anyone. My aunt recommended it to my mom for my sisters and I. All her kids have read it and loved it.

I also love Clive Cussler, Robert Jordan, Raymond E. Feist, George R. R. Martin, Kate Elliott, Kristen Britain, J. R. R. Tolkein, and Brian Jacques.

smrobs 01-08-2012 01:32 AM

Hmm, I love pretty much everything by Stephen King and Jeffrey Deaver. I also really liked the Earth's Children series by Jean Auel.

farmpony84 01-08-2012 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tinyliny (Post 1298592)
I never heard of any of those authors.

I just finished "The Half Made World" (sci fi), read "The Hunger Games" a while back and now reading "The Eighty Dollar Champion", about the carthorse turned 1958 national jumping champ named "Snowman".

Romance authors silly girl!

I like Linda Lael Miller alot. I just bought the eighty dollar champoino and snowman for the girls that ride at my barn. I bought man o war and something else too.

(sorry about the typing... I have a cat on my arms and can only move them so much or she will get very angry and probably scratch my eyeballs out....

MHFoundation Quarters 01-08-2012 09:23 AM

I'm a total book nerd too! I don't read romance novels though, more into suspense & murder mystery type books.

I'm currently waiting for the final book in Iris Johansen's trilogy about forensic sculptor Eve Duncan to come out. I read lots of Sue Grafton, Jonathan Kellerman, David Baldacci, Jeffrey Deaver, John Grisham, Dean Koontz, Stephen King, etc.

Jessabel 01-08-2012 02:19 PM

Wicked Deeds on a Winter's Night by Kesley Cole and A Darker Dream by Amanda Ashley are good paranormal romances. :-) I never used to like romance novels, but I'm trying to broaden my paranormal fiction horizon.

Lost Souls by Poppy Z. Brite is probably the best vampire book I've ever read, and The Iron Fey series by Julie Kagawa is out of this world. I also love Edgar Allan Poe and H.P. Lovecraft. And anything else with lewd and crude ideology. I like stories that make me go, "Ew...".

CLaPorte432 01-08-2012 06:36 PM

893 Attachment(s)
All sound very good. The 80$ Champion sounds like an good one to read. I'll have to get it!

I really like the Twilight movies, and I heard the books are even better then the movies so I think I might read them as well.