The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Tack and Equipment (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-tack-equipment/)
-   -   Costume Class Ideas (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-tack-equipment/costume-class-ideas-108804/)

barrelracer11 01-08-2012 09:11 PM

Costume Class Ideas

1 Attachment(s)
I am going to enter in the costume class at our local fair and want to get an early start on my costume! Any ideas? I was thinking about have my horse as racing stripes and me as the jockey. I would have to use a sheet for that though. I am willing to do anything to him or myself as long as it's not harmful in any way. He isn't spooky and will do anything. I can use the saddle in the picture, an english saddle, or just go bareback. Thanks!!

Here is a picture of my horse, Cutter.
Attachment 83966

franknbeans 01-08-2012 09:30 PM

Have you tried doing a search? THere were lots of great ideas going around this fall........

ChingazMyBoy 01-08-2012 09:30 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I've seen so many things done - the horse and rider were a Christmas tree, beach theme, my horse was a 'Cash Cow', Zebra's, War Horses, Bogans, Cowboys, Unicorns, Hippies.

There are so many idea's really, I have photos of all of these. Which I can pm to you, but since they all aren't of me I won't post them on the public forum.

I did the war horse - basically, a bunch of kids and I painted all over him, in rainbow colours. That wasn't for a costume class though, that was my way of amusing children on a horse camp. It was REALLY fun, just use the correct paint that comes off and one that comes off very easily for the mane and tail, my horse had a rainbow tail for months... With bright pink. Poor boy.

For the Cash Cow though, I got some sail-number material in black (My family are sailors) and cut that out in cow print shapes and stuck it onto a white rug. Then got play money and stuck that all over the rug. It looked really cool, and we won! Along with some tinsel and some dollar signs. He also had a pink nose, but that was just fun!

... He's a very well behave horse. :lol:

franknbeans 01-08-2012 09:34 PM

THis is my favorite......and poodles DO come in chocolate and apricot, so you are good!

barrelracer11 01-08-2012 10:09 PM

Yes their are ALOT of choices out there! I can't decide! Haha! Oooh you war paint horse gave me an idea of maybe a paitballer? I could have my horse covered in paint splatters and me dressed up as a paint baller! Great ideas!!! I will have to see what I can get for a horse first and then decide! Too many choices!!!

barrelracer11 01-08-2012 10:13 PM

My e-mail is horseryder162000@yahoo.com if you want to send me those pictures! Thanks!

ChingazMyBoy 01-08-2012 10:57 PM

1 Attachment(s)
This was the war horse . :)