The Horse Forum banner

Dressage Schooling today :)

6K views 59 replies 21 participants last post by  HorsesAreForever 
#1 ·
Me and Tess today :)She went well considering I had a little pain of a shetland "Supervising" me ahah. Zorro stood at C the whole time like he was a judge and was yelling out neighs of "encouragment" haha! He needs to realise I don't need his help lol!

(oh and there may be a random of my little brother and Zorro in there as well)

Attachments

See less See more
#17 ·
MIEEventer: No crit but thanks. She had an off day and so did I:/

Thanks equiniphile! We are lucky to be where we are right now but it is SOooooo hot!

#19 ·
i know! What makes you think I don't know how to do it?! Don't worry off topic..

MIEventer: You could have Pmed it to me, its just a thread for photos.

#23 ·
Yes, it seems like it was directed at me as if I don't know how to get my horse working properly. Oh well who cares now

#31 ·
I know Duffy I would rather people pm it to me instead of putting it on ym thread that was meant for photos, but that's besides the point now I don't care.

Thanks for nice comments on Tess :)

#33 ·
I can see what you're saying, but if other people can learn from it too ;)
Like I had no idea about the bandages haha!
Exactly Duffy, I really understand that PT wants everyone just to admire the pics, and I do get that, but the comments that have been made aren't so much criticism but suggestions. If they are pm'd then others don't get a chance to learn.

#34 ·
I agree with both Duffy and Golden. This is an open forum, and I am not going to "ooo and aaaahh" when I see something that tells me something is missing.

The back that is hollow, like PintoTess's horse has in these pictures, shows that there is something missing, and I wanted to point it out, so that the OP understands that there is something needed to work on. It wasn't meant to say "oh my gosh, you are such a bad rider" but to say "hey, do you see this? This isn't correct"

I hope others see the pictures, and see that the back isn't rounded nor being lifted - which shows that the horse isn't being worked correctly. So that the light bulbs over their heads can turn on.

I am by no means, a perfect rider. I have faults and make errors, but I along with others, are here to learn, share, grow and become more "educated".

It is one thing to see a horse in a "frame" but another to see if the horse is being worked correctly.

#37 ·
I agree with both Duffy and Golden. This is an open forum, and I am not going to "ooo and aaaahh" when I see something that tells me something is missing.

The back that is hollow, like PintoTess's horse has in these pictures, shows that there is something missing, and I wanted to point it out, so that the OP understands that there is something needed to work on. It wasn't meant to say "oh my gosh, you are such a bad rider" but to say "hey, do you see this? This isn't correct"

I hope others see the pictures, and see that the back isn't rounded nor being lifted - which shows that the horse isn't being worked correctly. So that the light bulbs over their heads can turn on.

I am by no means, a perfect rider. I have faults and make errors, but I along with others, are here to learn, share, grow and become more "educated".

It is one thing to see a horse in a "frame" but another to see if the horse is being worked correctly.
You never have to "ooh and aah" over anyone's posted photos of their horse in the Horse Picture sections. YOu are always free to say nothing.

There is a fine line between offering advice in this picture forum to someone whose posted pics show an error that might be dangerous, such as incorrectly done up tack, and advice on how to improve their riding itself. Since PintoTess admitted that she is working without a trainer, you can always ask her if she would like some advice before offering it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.