The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Conformation Critique (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-conformation-critique/)
-   -   Comformation Critique, jumping prospect. (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-conformation-critique/comformation-critique-jumping-prospect-109139/)

LovesMyDunnBoy 01-11-2012 03:32 PM

Comformation Critique, jumping prospect.

1 Attachment(s)
He's a three year old arabian colt, going to mature at 15 hands. Not yet backed and needs to br gelded. What do you think of him in general and as a jumping prospect?

LovesMyDunnBoy 01-11-2012 03:35 PM

3 Attachment(s)
The darker one is a 2 year old fill and the lighter is a 6 year old stallion (to be gelded)

LovesMyDunnBoy 01-12-2012 03:14 PM

Sorry I was so vauge lol, I was at school on the computer and had to hurry. The horse in the first post, Grey arabian 3 year old colt, still a stallion. I like him...

Second post, the first and third picture is a two year old coming on three year old filly...I like her too. Her neck seems unusually short though.

And the middle picture is a six year old stallion (he would be cut).

They are all three arabians...I would be training them myself, but under a trainer. I want them as a low level jumper...and dressage. Mainly for fun, I'd also like to do playdays. What do ya'll thinnk (:
Posted via Mobile Device

alexischristina 01-14-2012 02:09 AM

I'd stay away from the younger ones considering it's not very much 'fun' to leave them sitting for 1-3 years waiting for them to grow up! Especially with Arabs... I'm looking at a 4 year old Arab and have been advised very strongly by my coach to do ONLY FLAT WORK for another year, because of the rate they grow.

The six year old isn't horrible looking, tied in in the front, camped out in the back and quite long (not bashing long horses, mine is a fabulous jumper) which makes it difficult for collection / tracking up in terms of Dressage, even lower level.

LovesMyDunnBoy 01-14-2012 10:31 AM

Thanks, I didn't really think about the fact that their rate of growth is slower. Thanks for brining that to mind :) I really liked him too, I think he's only standing funny because of the way he's tied, in the other pics he seemes to stand okay. So is their anything that might cause him to become unsound later?

Anyones else? I'd like positive and negative things.
Posted via Mobile Device